Hindu+Paranoid Grandma = Noise Watch

wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Yeah, basically, my Grandma's pretty much **** scared about death, and the afterlife. She cries, and she gets extremely emotional.

She invited like, people around... and I can't go out because I have to sit there, and listen to their bahjans in the other room.

Help, please. PLEASE.

Edit: Yes, on the Grandma issue, and on the noise issue.
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 10 years ago
rofl bahjans..

I agree they're quite boring. But just sit it out. You might regret not doing so when/if she eventually passes away.
ßlαcksωαn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just leave!
aniiiiiiii
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh nooo..not the bhajans! lol
well you could put earphones in your ear in the other room and listen to something else.. sit there for a little bit though! its not that bad, its only like after the first hour you get really bored...
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by TuckingFypo™)
rofl bahjans..

I agree they're quite boring. But just sit it out. You might regret not doing so when/if she eventually passes away.
The thing is, I've done it so many times, and I'm not one to believe in religion as deeply as she does. I need a way to calm her down and lessen her general fear of dieing.

It's not like she's bed-ridden - she can walk, etc, but IMO she's so worried about death that she's keeping everyone up, preventing them from going to work/school etc etc... just last night, at about 1AM, she was crying about how noone loves her etc, she wants to be back home, like in India, where there are loads of new faces every day.

Unfortunately, we actually have to work/learn in the UK... and she refuses to accept that. =/
99p And A Flake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How come she's scared of dying, is she ill? Maybe you could have a chat with her about what it is that's worrying her specifically, and talk about how dying is inevitable but being afraid won't change anything.

I would personally just go for a walk whenever the noise gets bad. Or play my music at an equal volume lol. By the way, what's a bahjan? Wikipedia doesn't know ...
dipsy08
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
Yeah, basically, my Grandma's pretty much **** scared about death, and the afterlife. She cries, and she gets extremely emotional.

She invited like, people around... and I can't go out because I have to sit there, and listen to their bahjans in the other room.

Help, please. PLEASE.

this is soo funny, brings back memmories! theres a simple answer to that my friend! Just tell them you are not feeling well and you have to rest... or tell them you got called up for a job interview ans just leave the place!
MarshallJT
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 99p And A Flake)
By the way, what's a bahjan? Wikipedia doesn't know ...

I might be wrong but I think its a Hindu Devotional song
dipsy08
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MarshallJT)
I might be wrong but I think its a Hindu Devotional song

It means prayers....
SolInvictus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)

Help, please. PLEASE.

Thats old ladies for you.... they think they can get rid of their lifetimes of gossip, back biting, b**ching, manipulation and cruelty by singing gods praises frequently, loudly and off key.
SolInvictus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you want to deal with old Indian ladies, you have to get Indian yourself. Just tell her "Naneejeee. Ip yoo vill die, yoo vill die. Bus."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise