The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Offers 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TV01
Thank youu! Good Luck :smile:

No worries!! You too, make sure to let us know how you get on too :smile:
Hi guys!! I’ve applied for pharmacy too and so far i’ve got interviews for Keele (unconfirmed date), Bath on 16th Nov and UCL on 4th Dec. Does anyone have any ideas for the best way to prep for these?? They’re so soon and i have no clue where to begin. Thanks :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by ciaramcpherson
Hi guys!! I’ve applied for pharmacy too and so far i’ve got interviews for Keele (unconfirmed date), Bath on 16th Nov and UCL on 4th Dec. Does anyone have any ideas for the best way to prep for these?? They’re so soon and i have no clue where to begin. Thanks :smile:

I’ve also got an interview for keele, I’ve been prepping for my Manchester interview by looking up questions on here because they seem to have stayed relatively similar the past few years. I reckon that’s a start - look up pharmacy interviews and then the name of the uni. Also I’d say make sure you’ve done a bit of extra reading and know your personal statement well in case they bring anything up from it - those are bits of advice I’ve got from my friends.
Hey I’ve also applied for pharmacy and I have an interview tomorrow on the 6th at Manchester, I’m so nervous I don’t know what to expect but it’s only 15 minutes and I’ve just been trying to do my research
Reply 24
Original post by Kia180202
Hey I’ve also applied for pharmacy and I have an interview tomorrow on the 6th at Manchester, I’m so nervous I don’t know what to expect but it’s only 15 minutes and I’ve just been trying to do my research

Hi kia!
I’ve got my interview at Manchester tomorrow too! I’m not too sure what to expect either as this is my first formal interview but I’m sure you’ll be ok. Have you done much preparation?
Reply 25
Hi I've also got my interview at Manchester tomorrow! I'm quite nervous as this will be my first formal interview as well. I've looked up some common questions that could be asked at the interview and wrote down notes for each questions as to what I should include in it. Have you guys done much wider reading into pharmacy because I'm worried they will ask a question that I don't know the answer to.
good luck to everyone who has an interview tomorrow. i heard that they ask simple questions and maybe to expand what you wrote in the personal statement. Hope it goes well!! 😊
Reply 27
Original post by giyanz
Hi I've also got my interview at Manchester tomorrow! I'm quite nervous as this will be my first formal interview as well. I've looked up some common questions that could be asked at the interview and wrote down notes for each questions as to what I should include in it. Have you guys done much wider reading into pharmacy because I'm worried they will ask a question that I don't know the answer to.

I think I’ve done exactly what you have. The questions people have posted on the student room for the past couple of years appear to be the same so if those questions come up as part of those asked then at least I’ll be prepared for those. Obviously they’ll ask individual questions about personal statement too. I’ve done a bit of reading around some of the topics of pharmaceuticals like the problems with antibiotic resistance etc but otherwise not much else - however I wouldn’t be too worried because they aren’t there to test you on that knowledge, more likely to test us on how we can apply our current knowledge to understanding issues to do with something going on in the industry now. Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how you got on :smile:
I applied to one uni for pharmacy ( my sister does it so i know about the course structure etc so i picked it as a backup for medicine because if i didnt get the chance to go into it i would dedicate myself to pharmacy cause i love chemistry and interacting with the public. lol explanation before anyone attacks me)

I applied to DMU Mpharm but i havent gotten an offer or interview yet so woohoo

my grades are 9999A*88887
predicted A*AA
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by aalixyh
I applied to one uni for pharmacy ( my sister does it so i know about the course structure etc so i picked it as a backup for medicine because if i didnt get the chance to go into it i would dedicate myself to pharmacy cause i love chemistry and interacting with the public. lol explanation before anyone attacks me)

I applied to DMU Mpharm but i havent gotten an offer or interview yet so woohoo

my grades are 9999A*88887
predicted A*AA

I’m pretty sure you’ll get your offer - your grades are great and I’m sure if you wrote about how much you like chem etc they’ll see you’re probably going to enjoy the mpharm course. I know some universities have not accepted medicine students on the mpharm as it’s not what they wanted to apply for immediately but it honestly depends. Honestly think you’ll be ok though
Original post by TiaJLB
I’m pretty sure you’ll get your offer - your grades are great and I’m sure if you wrote about how much you like chem etc they’ll see you’re probably going to enjoy the mpharm course. I know some universities have not accepted medicine students on the mpharm as it’s not what they wanted to apply for immediately but it honestly depends. Honestly think you’ll be ok though

thankss i know a med and dentistry applying friends who didnt even write about chem/pharm at UCL! They got an interview, that shook me though because UCL is so competitive- wouldnt have expected it
Reply 31
Original post by aalixyh
thankss i know a med and dentistry applying friends who didnt even write about chem/pharm at UCL! They got an interview, that shook me though because UCL is so competitive- wouldnt have expected it

wow!! I wouldn’t have expected that either
Hi everyone!
Im applying at UCL, Nottingham, Birmingham, Kings and LJMU
GCSE: 988777776 and a L2M in IT (6 in maths & 7 in English language)
Predicted: AAB (B in maths)

ahh im so nervous especially for UCL and kings as my GCSE maths is a minimum requirement, Im sending of my application on 11/11 though so I hope that'll bring me at least a little luck x
ive jus submitted my application! i applied to ljmu, manc, birmingham, nottingham and keele and have recieved acknowledgment emails for a few

i tried starting a thread like this but some angry pharmacist started sending massive paragraphs against the course nd started a whole debate but im so excited to do pharmacy :smile:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.phpt=6189204&p=85824070#post85824070
oh god wow has anyone received interviews yet?
Original post by aalixyh

my friend got one at bath uni but i am sending mine off this week.
Reply 36
Original post by aalixyh

I got one for nottingham (20th nov) and cardiff (4th dec)! :smile:
Reply 37
Just submitted my application today ahhh I am shooketh haha. If anyone applied to UCL, how long did they take to respond?
got an offer at ljmu nd got an interview for manchester!
Reply 39
hi . what ljmu stands for?

Quick Reply