The Escapist Watch

Kater Murr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
The new film with Damien Lewis, Brian Cox, etc...

Just saw it the other day at the cinema, and I've got to say... I was pretty pleased. It was excellent.

Doesn anyone else plan on seeing this? Do, really.
asdasta
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Been after this for a while, but can't find any cinemas showing it
Kater Murr
Rep:
?
(Original post by asdasta)
Been after this for a while, but can't find any cinemas showing it
Well, keep looking; it's worth it .

I saw it at REEL Cinema, which is a reasonably small chain based (I think) in the north. Nowhere else was showing it... do you live near a REEL?
asdasta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nope. I only leave near an Odeon. There's a Cineworld 15 miles away but a) I doubt they show it and b) I'm not bothered enough to get my dad to give me a lift there/get a train.

Worst case scenario, I'll wait for a screener to surface online in a month or two.
Kater Murr
Rep:
?
Nope. I only leave near an Odeon. There's a Cineworld 15 miles away but a) I doubt they show it and b) I'm not bothered enough to get my dad to give me a lift there/get a train.

Worst case scenario, I'll wait for a screener to surface online in a month or two.
I find this amusing because my nearest cinema is 25/30 miles away.

Lol.
asdasta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LOL. Lucky me, I guess. My nearest one is 3 miles but it's a crappy Odeon. Considering how much it'd cost me to get to the Cineworld 15 miles away, the night would end up costing £15-20 for one film, I guess. Christ knows how much it sets you back o_O

My local Odeon does have pubs mere minutes away, though - always good for a pre-film/post-film piss up ^_^, even if the Odeon doesn't show indie films

And where do you live? The outback? XD
Kater Murr
Rep:
?
LOL. Lucky me, I guess. My nearest one is 3 miles but it's a crappy Odeon. Considering how much it'd cost me to get to the Cineworld 15 miles away, the night would end up costing £15-20 for one film, I guess. Christ knows how much it sets you back o_O

My local Odeon does have pubs mere minutes away, though - always good for a pre-film/post-film piss up ^_^, even if the Odeon doesn't show indie films

And where do you live? The outback? XD
East Yorkshire, right up against the coast, in a tiny village of < 300 people. So, basically, I take two buses to get to Hull (which only takes about 90 minutes, actually) and then walk 20 minutes to the cinema. It's not too bad, but the transport costs about £10+, yeah.
asdasta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
o_O. That's messed up. Must suck if you make so much effort and the film's cack.
Kater Murr
Rep:
?
o_O. That's messed up. Must suck if you make so much effort and the film's cack.
I hardly ever go to the cinema; I only went in the other day because I was in Hull for a poetry reading anyway - might as well make the most of my money!
asdasta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Fair enough, at least this film ruled for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (447)
37.95%
No - but I will (88)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.79%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (563)
47.79%

Watched Threads