After breaking up, how long is it acceptable before you go with someone else Watch

lil_misssunshine
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I was with my bf for 8 months, and he always made out he was really serious about me, we broke up because he's going to uni, and he couldnt see us working through it.

A week later, he started seeing someone else, and now they'r are officially together (its only a month since we broke up)

I personally dont understand how you can switch your feelings that quickly, and feel that its unfair how he can move on, and i cant-i still miss him, and want to be with him.

Just wondering what everyone else thinks..how long is right to wait before going with someone else..is she just a rebound thing?

Gemma_08
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A week is a bit short in my opinion.

I think it really depends on how you feel after the break up.
Harv616
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
14 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 10 seconds is the average time.
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Any time is fine; you're single, you can go out with who you want. However it's not cool to let your ex know about it. So I'd say if your ex isn't over you 1 or 2 months is when it's alright to let them know you're seeing someone else.
JaneThePain
Report 10 years ago
Well, I broke up with my boyf of a few months about a week before Uni. During freshers I got with my current boyf and we're still together... so in my opinion? A week is O.K. But everyone is different, of course.

If we'd been in love then I'd probably need a bit longer though.
Gary10k
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
when you feel ready? You cant put a time limit on your feelings
-steph-
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I broke up with my ex-bf of 8 months and started considering new guys 3 weeks after we had broken up. It took me a while to get over us but now i'm having a ball.

I think for some its a week others a year. But for me I think a month is ok.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (255)
38.93%
No - but I will (45)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.18%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
47.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed