The Student Room Group

Application to Graduate Medical School

Hi. I'm a little confused how to about applying to a UK graduate Medicine. I'm a nurse from Nigeria, but have my UK ILR (Resident permit). I actually finished my Nursing school (diploma) in Nigeria and then did a top-up nursing degree in the UK. I really want to know if this is sufficient for graduate entry medicine in the UK. Also, with my ILR, will I be allowed to pay standard UK tuition fees?
Reply 1
Have a look here https://generationmedics.org.uk/graduate-entry-medical-schools-uk/
If you have a 2:1 or 1st in your UK nursing degree, it appears that this should be fine, but worth checking whether or not you need to do UCAT too.
Usually for funding, you need to have lived in the UK for 3 years to class as a home student (or at least I'm pretty sure it's 3 years!)
Wow. Thanks.
You said 3ys? I have always read that one needs to have stayed up to 5yrs to obtain ILR... Could you explain how the 3yrs route works?
Reply 3
I may well be wrong about the 3 years thing - If the only thing you've ever seen says 5 years, that'll be the answer.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending