Exam Marking Watch

DylerTurden32
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Just wondering whether anyone knew when our exams will be fully marked or if they already have been by now?
I'm guessing our courseworks would have all been moderated by now having being sent off in May right?
billet-doux
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
I doubt all them will have been marked, but some will have been
Coursework has definitely been moderated though.
Lippy Lizzy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The standardisation meeting for Edexcel is Aug 7. With finalised grade boundaries for all subjects released to the admin dept around Aug 9. With this in mind I'd say maybe Aug 5 for all papers to have been marked and the marks logged.
Gren1TI
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lippy Lizzy)
The standardisation meeting for Edexcel is Aug 7. With finalised grade boundaries for all subjects released to the admin dept around Aug 9. With this in mind I'd say maybe Aug 5 for all papers to have been marked and the marks logged.
I think you mean the ‘awarding meeting’ – as the standardisation meetings were a while back.

This is the meeting where grade boundaries are discussed and agreed on, I hope the examiners are in a good mood that day! :p:
Lippy Lizzy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gren1TI)
I think you mean the ‘awarding meeting’ – as the standardisation meetings were a while back.

This is the meeting where grade boundaries are discussed and agreed on, I hope the examiners are in a good mood that day! :p:
Yes thats the one. The one where the boundaries are set is Aug 9th according to their website.

Whats the standardisation meeting then? Wouldnt they need everybodies grades first before standardisation?
Gren1TI
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, standardisation is only a week after the exams are over and have been delivered to examiners.

They mark like 8 exam papers and their marking is standardised. Examiners are tested to make sure they can apply the mark scheme properly, and tricky points in the mark scheme are explained etc.

Hope this explains it.
Lippy Lizzy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gren1TI)
No, standardisation is only a week after the exams are over and have been delivered to examiners.

They mark like 8 exam papers and their marking is standardised. Examiners are tested to make sure they can apply the mark scheme properly, and tricky points in the mark scheme are explained etc.

Hope this explains it.
Ooooh Ok. Makes sense I suppose.
Gooner
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Most exam scripts will be marked by now. Examiners are allocated something like 3-4 weeks to mark their scripts, so really the only ones which should be left now are the exams which took place at the end of June Examiners set the grade boundaries over one or two days at the awarding meeting at the end of July/beginning of August, and results slips are printed around the first/second week of August
John Locke
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If your really sad interested .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.12%
No - but I will (38)
6.95%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.58%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise