my boyfriend doesn't like spending money on me or the relationship

Watch
livia360
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My boyfriend doesn't like spending money on me but he expects me to pay for everything. when we go out he will expect me to pa, when I visit him at uni, he makes sure that there isn't any food as to force me to go buy him food, then on top of that he becomes the food police In order to insure I leave plenty of food when I leave. When I plan dates its me who is expected to pay, when I mention that he needs to get himself something he will always insist that I pay for it for him because it will show that I love him and like an idiot I would do it. when he visits me he doesn't want to eat anything bought from Aldi so he expects me to order in lunch and dinner everyday and on top of that he would stay for long periods of time. I do love him, but im starting to feel as if he expects me to do everything that involves money. at first I thought maybe he doesn't have the money and I was happy to pay for date nights, but he is always talking about how he has all these savings accounts. I hope im just over reacting but can someone help please
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow. He sounds like a keeper......
Anonnorth
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A relationship means an equal partnership and unless you make a lot more money than he has in income then he should not expect you to pay everything like this.

Sounds like you are being used and taken advantage of.
Last edited by Anonnorth; 1 year ago
CuriousChild-
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He's using you, throw him in the trash.
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He's using you
Refuse to keep eating out and point out how much more you are spending than him
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CuriousChild-)
He's using you, throw him in the trash.
This. When someone tells you who they are its wise to listen.
Ichiblaire
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're most definitely not overreacting, you're definitely being used and manipulated, and if anything, spend more time with your friends instead of him.
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
He's using you financially. STOP
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Clearly he can afford to pay if he gloats about his savings. Stop providing for him.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Stop this!!! He's using you as a free cash machine, you need to get out of this relationship ASAP before he rinses you dry. Tell the freeloader he can buy his own food. How people like this manage to maintain a relationship is beyond me.
shrawan_sree
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by livia360)
My boyfriend doesn't like spending money on me but he expects me to pay for everything. when we go out he will expect me to pa, when I visit him at uni, he makes sure that there isn't any food as to force me to go buy him food, then on top of that he becomes the food police In order to insure I leave plenty of food when I leave. When I plan dates its me who is expected to pay, when I mention that he needs to get himself something he will always insist that I pay for it for him because it will show that I love him and like an idiot I would do it. when he visits me he doesn't want to eat anything bought from Aldi so he expects me to order in lunch and dinner everyday and on top of that he would stay for long periods of time. I do love him, but im starting to feel as if he expects me to do everything that involves money. at first I thought maybe he doesn't have the money and I was happy to pay for date nights, but he is always talking about how he has all these savings accounts. I hope im just over reacting but can someone help please
Relationships aren't always gonna be 50-50. There will be times when one of you is a bit more "emotionally" dependent on the other. Excluding this case, i'd say its best to find someone that respects you and your financial background. Don't let the kid use you. Seen one too many guys like him.
EmillieLou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Get rid, that one nasty
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You love him?? He clearly loves your money- not you! Why are you allowing anyone to use you? And he is really tight!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads