Difference between January and September intake Watch

ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dianageniel)
(Original post by ajj2000)Wow - you might need to confess to this one. If you are international you could start in Aus or NZ in Jan?

Already told them I have started uni in the UK😅
Omg, I’m in an awful situation right now. Is Coventry a good university right?
Coventry tends to have pretty low admission grades....
username4981916
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Joinedup)
well in the september 2020 you'll start doing the modules that the september 2019 intake did in september 2019... but you'll be doing them with the students in the september 2020 intake and your first year will finish with exams, presumably in January 2021 and then you'll be into second year modules before the long summer vacation.
This sounds so complicated. Thank you though!❤️
username4981916
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
Coventry tends to have pretty low admission grades....
That implies that the uni is not that good,right?
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by dianageniel)
That implies that the uni is not that good,right?
I would dispute that. What does good mean? I think a university that can take people who had poor results at A level and develop their skills so they can succeed is doing a really great job.

If you were well prepared for university (demonstrated through secondary school education) you would probably find the pace of learning a bit slow. You might also find that its a little harder to move into good career jobs as it helps to be around others who are also credible candidates and be based somewhere employers visit for outreach activities.
username4981916
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
I would dispute that. What does good mean? I think a university that can take people who had poor results at A level and develop their skills so they can succeed is doing a really great job.

If you were well prepared for university (demonstrated through secondary school education) you would probably find the pace of learning a bit slow. You might also find that its a little harder to move into good career jobs as it helps to be around others who are also credible candidates and be based somewhere employers visit for outreach activities.
Definitely make sense. Well, thank you for your help! Really kind of you😊 Now it’s down for me to decide. Have a goodnight sleep. xx
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hang on, so either your parents haven’t thought that to ask what Uni you are currently supposed to be at, or you’ve made one up and will be telling them that you’ve voluntarily transferred to Coventry?!
username4981916
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
Hang on, so either your parents haven’t thought that to ask what Uni you are currently supposed to be at, or you’ve made one up and will be telling them that you’ve voluntarily transferred to Coventry?!
My parents don’t really ask about university, we talk twice in a week (they’re in a different country) of how’s uni, never really asked where. I just recently found out that they’re coming for the holidays so I need to be in Uni or at least have an identification card. 😅
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you’re international then what visa are you using to be in the UK if you’re not studying under a tier 4 visa? (And why did you ask up the thread about student finance?)
Ssleeping
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, have you decided to go ahead with the January start? I'm planning to start Coventry in January too! Xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

what's your favourite season?

Summer (61)
32.45%
Spring (35)
18.62%
Autumn/Fall (46)
24.47%
Winter (36)