Mature student trying to achieve the i(')mpossible! Watch

Bouchra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone,

It's been ages since I was last on here, and it feels like it's been a decade since I last prepared for exams (well, it's a little over half a decade now!).

I'm still thinking about exactly which AS Levels to do - I'm torn between Chemistry or Math as my 4th subject - I'm definitely doing Psychology, English Language, and Biology.

I'm interested in studying Neuroscience or Psychology with Linguistics at uni, so I'm not sure which combination would be the best - it seems some unis require Math, others don't. Some require Psychology and English Language, others only require one science at least. It's all so confusing.

I'm self-studying Biology and Chem or Math, but will be studying Psychology and English Language through a distance education provider. I'm abroad so for convience I'm following the CIE exam boards.

I will be sitting for my first (well not exactly first, but that's a long story) round of my exams in the October 2020 session. In addition to my studies, I'm a mom and I run my own business, so it's definitely going to be a bit of a challenge staying on top of everything.

I will try to update my progress weekly on here. So far, I've decided that for Biology I will be studying 2 chapters per month, and either 2 chapters a month of Chemistry or Maths (1 chapter each PM1 and M1).

I will be starting from the first week of November, so I have a week and a bit to make my final decision regarding Chemistry and Math.

Looking forward to resuming my educational journey
thelocalkid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bouchra)
Hi everyone,

It's been ages since I was last on here, and it feels like it's been a decade since I last prepared for exams (well, it's a little over half a decade now!).

I'm still thinking about exactly which AS Levels to do - I'm torn between Chemistry or Math as my 4th subject - I'm definitely doing Psychology, English Language, and Biology.

I'm interested in studying Neuroscience or Psychology with Linguistics at uni, so I'm not sure which combination would be the best - it seems some unis require Math, others don't. Some require Psychology and English Language, others only require one science at least. It's all so confusing.

I'm self-studying Biology and Chem or Math, but will be studying Psychology and English Language through a distance education provider. I'm abroad so for convience I'm following the CIE exam boards.

I will be sitting for my first (well not exactly first, but that's a long story) round of my exams in the October 2020 session. In addition to my studies, I'm a mom and I run my own business, so it's definitely going to be a bit of a challenge staying on top of everything.

I will try to update my progress weekly on here. So far, I've decided that for Biology I will be studying 2 chapters per month, and either 2 chapters a month of Chemistry or Maths (1 chapter each PM1 and M1).

I will be starting from the first week of November, so I have a week and a bit to make my final decision regarding Chemistry and Math.

Looking forward to resuming my educational journey
'I'm a mom and I run my own business' such strong person. I admire you. If you can run your own business especially here in UK and you're mom. That's the most challenging but you nailed it. Anything else is nothing. Don't give up on your journey ✌️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (34)
18.38%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.57%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.08%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (3)
1.62%
No unconditional offers (132)
71.35%

Watched Threads