*blushes* Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Obviously it comes hand in hand with confidence.
IDK, I've just noticed it being a bit of a problem recently especially arouund people who I think are a bit of alright Haha. Apart from then I seem to be alright, arghh. Is there a prevention, a way to stop it happening as much etc? Or will I just simply have to build more confidence (If so HOW?) Thank youuuuu
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
it just happens really. the more you try to stop it, the more it happens
Mcjazz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh I hate blushing, what a stupid reaction. Who the hell thought of that one? And what possible use could it have?!
Liv~
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
People think I am blushed! after a hot sunny day or a jog. lol does it count...

Well it is okay to blush : I think guys will find u adorable. hehe.. and it just comes naturally..
right? Our hormones. So dont feel ashamed of it. coz it just happens.
angel_sista
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mcjazz)
Oh I hate blushing, what a stupid reaction. Who the hell thought of that one? And what possible use could it have?!
As one physically unable to blush, I think it may be a useful way of letting someone know you like 'em if you don't want to tell them!
Though I never notice if my friends blush unless they're choking to death or something ¬_¬
GrahamFromJeremyKyle
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Girls who blush make me vomit.
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by angel_sista)
As one physically unable to blush, I think it may be a useful way of letting someone know you like 'em if you don't want to tell them!
Though I never notice if my friends blush unless they're choking to death or something ¬_¬
Heh, a particularly undignified way of telling them imo. Saying that, I can't remember when I last blushed, and it's more from when people go AWW SHE'S GONNA BLUSH. So yeah I think it does come with confidence
Btw, why can you physically not?
angel_sista
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mcjazz)
Heh, a particularly undignified way of telling them imo. Saying that, I can't remember when I last blushed, and it's more from when people go AWW SHE'S GONNA BLUSH. So yeah I think it does come with confidence
Btw, why can you physically not?
Well, let's just say, if I ever did (lol, I don't really get embarrassed), you wouldn't ever see it.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
When some sod points it out, is when it's most annoying for me.

I blush a lot, and can often feel it, but I just try to carry on and ignore it. Then someone'll have the brainwave to go "awww you've gone all red" and just makes it 10 times worse!
angel_sista
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I blush a lot, and can often feel it, but I just try to carry on and ignore it. Then someone'll have the brainwave to go "awww you've gone all red" and just makes it 10 times worse!
I do that to people. A LOT *feels guilty*
OllyThePhilosopher
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

That happens to me all the time. I try and find interesting replies like:
"I was already red"
"You're pale"
"I don't care"
GemmyMonster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heh, I blush at anything. I've got used to it now though. Was awful like in primary school, last couple of years you'd get the little ****s who go "you fancy *whoever*" and I'd blush. And in bottom couple of secondary it was worse. I'd blush even if I didn't know the person. Awful.

OP, how old are you? I think confidence and growing out of it come into play for a lot of people, but not all. You have my sympathy.
Climbontoyourseahorse
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
'1 Hour Ago 15:13 (GrahamFromJeremyKyle)
Girls who blush make me vomit. '

That was not tactful.

OP, I have the same problem as you - only I seem to blush literally at anyone - I've probably blushed at a dog before. :p: It used to really get me down when I was fourteenish, to the point where I was scared to go out for the fear of blushing. I really hope your problem isn't as bad as this. Constructive advice? I'm afraid I think it's one you grow out of - it's a lot better for me these days and I'm sure it'll get better in time for you. A lot of people blush very easily tbh but if it's really affecting you then I'd see your doctor. You could always write a list of all the situations which trigger your blushing then try and work out solutions from there, but obviously don't go out of your way in your daily life to avoid these. Best of luck
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
'1 Hour Ago 15:13 (GrahamFromJeremyKyle)
Girls who blush make me vomit. '

That was not tactful.

OP, I have the same problem as you - only I seem to blush literally at anyone - I've probably blushed at a dog before. :p: It used to really get me down when I was fourteenish, to the point where I was scared to go out for the fear of blushing. I really hope your problem isn't as bad as this. Constructive advice? I'm afraid I think it's one you grow out of - it's a lot better for me these days and I'm sure it'll get better in time for you. A lot of people blush very easily tbh but if it's really affecting you then I'd see your doctor. You could always write a list of all the situations which trigger your blushing then try and work out solutions from there, but obviously don't go out of your way in your daily life to avoid these. Best of luck
Thanks for that. It's not a huge problem, I won't be going to see my doctor anytime soon. I was just looking for like tips or something. Tbh, I don't really care about a bloke obviously obsessed enough with a daytime tv show to create an account on a student forum has to say for himself and I know I'm not "yuck"
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I tend to blush more often lately, don't know why. Usually its when some stupid chav sticks his head out of a car window at me and oggles/shouts something crude. It's very annoying because I hate when guys do that but I always end up blushing, which makes it looks like I'm taking it as a compliment or something :mad:
Warrior King
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it's rather cute when girls blush. Well depending if the girl is pretty aswell.
bmh16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For some reason i used to do it loads, and still do it annoyingly. What i find is that you have to stop becoming aware of yourself even though i'm not, and then i feel the heat, as a few others have said, it makes it 10 times worse when someone points it out. Very annoying thing blushing is!
!Katy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to blush all the time but now its completely gone, im not sure why, maybe something to do with growing up and gaining more confidence and becomeing a bit more mature
DeSiFiEd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One of my friends..I'm not attracted to her or anything, but she has a bit of a kiddy smile..and I remember seeing that right before an exam and blushing hahah
DrDuck
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Guys generally are crap at reading "signals", at least if you're blushing, it makes it simpler for guys that may be interested to see if they should approach you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (269)
38.48%
No - but I will (48)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.3%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (331)
47.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise