How to accept being ugly Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
With the rise of things like Instagram and tik tok, how do you get over knowing you will never be pretty like that? I know it is incredibly shallow but life is easier when you are attractive and I can’t get over it
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can’t relate to that feeling, sorry
harrisong12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just got to accept the body god has given us. How are you ugly?
D-BOP97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean most of those people use filters. I'm sure you're fine and to be honest most people go through that stage at one point. I thought I was ugly until I started going on app and receiving 100's of likes.
Last edited by D-BOP97; 1 month ago
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You just sort of deal with it.
It sucks and you can be sad about it but at the end of the day there isn't much you can do.

If you want to work on yourself just make sure you're eating well and exercising regularly.
artist905
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Society hates ugly people, ugly men especially.

If you are an ugly man like me you will be ostracized and if you dont have a trust fund, you will be living on the margins and possibly become homeless.

But if you are a woman, people will still trust you. You likely wont be a model but you can still get a job as a nurse or teacher. Poor/ugly men like myself cant afford to take the risk of entering on these female dominated fields due to false allegations from patients or students.
Last edited by artist905; 1 month ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by artist905)
If you are an ugly man like me you will be ostracized and if you dont have a trust fund, you will be living on the margins and possibly become homeless.
Melodramatic much...
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
With the rise of things like Instagram and tik tok, how do you get over knowing you will never be pretty like that? I know it is incredibly shallow but life is easier when you are attractive and I can’t get over it
Personally I think digital social media has improved things for otherwise average if not conventionally unattractive people. Since when is blue hair, no boobs, drawn on eyebrows, silly selfie faces, guys who identify as men with beards wearing makeup, ten foot eyelashes etc seen as attractive or trendy? Since social media. Honestly I've seen many people walking around thinking they're too nice just because some youtuber who I never heard of before specifically represents them...

Social media is a great platform for untalented, uninteresting and unattractive people to gain relative attention who normally would be ignored in real life for the exact same reasons. While conventionally attractive people are now ignored because the internet is taking revenge on them for being naturally attractive and moral basically.

Also these social media creatures have perfected MAKEUP. no one and I mean NO ONE has real eyebrows or lashes or hair, and probably not bodies either.
artist905
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Melodramatic much...
Out of touch wealthy neoliberal much?
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Out of touch wealthy neoliberal much?
What's that got to do with your ugliness, apart from nothing?
SlightlySummer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Since when is blue hair, no boobs, drawn on eyebrows, silly selfie faces, guys who identify as men with beards wearing makeup, hijabis, ten foot eyelashes etc seen as attractive or trendy?

Social media is a great platform for untalented, uninteresting and unattractive people to gain relative attention who normally would be ignored in real life for the exact same reasons. While conventionally attractive people are now ignored because the internet is taking revenge on them for being naturally attractive and moral basically.

Also these social media creatures have perfected MAKEUP. no one and I mean NO ONE has real eyebrows or lashes or hair, and probably not bodies either.
What, so all hijabis are ugly?
davesantana
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
Personally I think digital social media has improved things for otherwise average if not conventionally unattractive people. Since when is blue hair, no boobs, drawn on eyebrows, silly selfie faces, guys who identify as men with beards wearing makeup, hijabis, ten foot eyelashes etc seen as attractive or trendy? Since social media. Honestly I've seen many people walking around thinking they're too nice just because some youtuber who I never heard of before specifically represents them...

i swear if a kid records himself getting a haircut and when he has to pay runs off and put it on insta immediately 3mill followers and his lifes sorted.
feel like the only reason ppl should social media is to contact each other not put other humans on pedastels i.e kardashians

but ye first paragraph is true, not against peoples feelings or whatever but i'd prefer it 10 years ago where this gender/trendy sh** didnt exist.
artist905
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
What's that got to do with your ugliness, apart from nothing?
Because ugliness can hold back poor men like me from succeeding financially. Even if I wasnt ugly the odds would be stacked against me because I have no startup capital. But being ugly makes it impossible for a single guy like me to network.

But an ignoramus like you implies that because you're happy and successful that everyone else can achieve the same.
davesantana
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
better to know ur ugly than think ur hot when ur average looking.

most ppl that are ugly could easily get to a 'hot' level. if ur skinny/fat hit the gym. new haircut/hairstyle, plenty of videos with hairstyles for certain headshapes. improve clothing style.
and if ur just genetically ungifted with weird headshape, deformity it aint the end of the world; i think we're ll meant for each other. as you grow older you'll realize women tend to look for career choices, personality and financial stability in a man rather than looks
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because ugliness can hold back poor men like me from succeeding financially. Even if I wasnt ugly the odds would be stacked against me because I have no startup capital. But being ugly makes it impossible for a single guy like me to network.

But an ignoramus like you implies that because you're happy and successful that everyone else can achieve the same.
meh...
J Papi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Society hates ugly people, ugly men especially.

But if you are a woman, people will still trust you. You likely wont be a model but you can still get a job as a nurse or teacher. Poor/ugly men like myself cant afford to take the risk of entering on these female dominated fields due to false allegations from patients or students.
posts like these :rofl:
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by J Papi)
I think they're what we call 'teenage angst'.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
looks are not important. what you have inside you is what counts.
Surnia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do you think life is easier? You do know that what you see on social media isn't necessarily real life? People lie about how great their life is, they waste their time taking hundreds of photos to post one which they filter.

Your looks don't stop you being a lovely caring personality, being interesting to talk to, getting qualifications and a job. Come off social media and do something productive with your life.

And if you think you're hard done by in the looks department, Google Katie Piper and Simon Weston and see people who are truly inspiring, rather than any vacuous blogger.
artist905
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by J Papi)
Ad hominem attacks like these :rofl:

Just because you have a lot of money and are living comfortably dosent mean every other man has the same privileges or opportunities as you. Theres a world outside your little bubble.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (407)
43.76%
No (97)
10.43%
I'm not old enough (426)
45.81%

Watched Threads