Feel like a fool. Shared my sexuality. With a TEACHER! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I feel like a fool for having told my teacher about my sexuality, she hasn't told anyone but, no student opens up to a teacher about their sexuality!!!
I do trust her.
She could relate to me as she had been in a similar position but now that I told and it's been a couple of months I feel like an idiot.

I did tell her and said 'im sorry for being a fool I'm 100% sure no student has opened up to you about their sexuality'
She has been supportive but I feel like an idiot.
I told her, she wont take it in a negative way would she? She would understand where I'm coming from right? When I say that I feel like an idiot for sharing my sexuality with you!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Just stop making threads about this. Seriously - stop it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reality Check)
Just stop making threads about this. Seriously - stop it.
I genuinely mean it. I feel bad for telling her. End of story.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I think you're overthinking this now. Students tell teachers all kinds of things. See that scene in The History Boys film (and I presume in the play too), where Posner confides in his teacher Mr Irwin about his homosexuality! Teachers have a pastoral role and are there to support while you are at school.

That said, your teacher should not have told you about their own sexuality imho :nope:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
I think you're overthinking this now. Students tell teachers all kinds of things. See that scene in The History Boys film (and I presume in the play too), where Posner confides in his teacher Mr Irwin about his homosexuality! Teachers have a pastoral role and are there to support while you are at school.

That said, your teacher should not have told you about their own sexuality imho :nope:
She is not my teacher now tho.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

Also, thank you for your genuine reply but I feel guilty that o told her because no student shares their sexuality tho with a teacher! But I did, because I felt I could trust her (which I do) and I said to her just that 'I've lied, I'm okay, I'm not gay'.

I don't want to burden her and don't want her knowing now. So.hopefully she'll think that I indeed have lied about my sexuality...
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
She is not my teacher now tho.
Well it's just my opinion (I don't think there are any laws about it if she's no longer your teacher) but I still don't think it was a smart move on her part :nope:
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It's not foolish. Other people have done it before and people will continue to do it.

However the then going back and apologising and putting yourself down part would not look good. Just drop it instead.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 3 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
It's not foolish. Other people have done it before and people will continue to do it.

However the then going back and apologising and putting yourself down part would not look good. Just drop it instead.
Thank you you have made me feel better,
And can I askz why would apologising make me not look good?
X
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Also, thank you for your genuine reply but I feel guilty that o told her because no student shares their sexuality tho with a teacher! But I did, because I felt I could trust her (which I do) and I said to her just that 'I've lied, I'm okay, I'm not gay'.

I don't want to burden her and don't want her knowing now. So.hopefully she'll think that I indeed have lied about my sexuality...
Sorry I missed this somehow. Am pretty sure she'll guess that you're lying. Which will make her worry more.

If you don't want to burden her, it's best to have an honest, open conversation with her about it, either ending communications between you two altogether, or putting better boundaries in place so that neither of you get hurt any more than you may have already been
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (45)
33.33%
No (68)
50.37%
Don't know (22)
16.3%

Watched Threads