there is no way i can achieve my goal now i messed up really bad
Rolo1234
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Study6076)
there is no way i can achieve my goal now i messed up really bad
What went wrong? Dw you can do this, just believe in yourself and dont burn out! Start in January or something, this is the perfect time to not burn out
pancakesbob7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
and i am a failure because there is no way i can achieve my goal
Bruuh you think that, huh?
If you're worrying about bad grades :

Tbh, not everyhting can be perfect. I want to go to med school and you need pretty decent GCSE grades to get in, however, for my first mocks, I got 3s and 4s in my history(whOOps!) and mostly 6s in my sciences, a low 7 at tops. This gave me a massive kick up the ass and encouraged me to work incredibly hard for the next year and a bit - I ended up getting pretty decent grades!

However, one of my friends is naturally clever in a way. She always got one of the highest grades in the year for every test and exam which SUCKED. She'd always boast going "Oh, I didn't even revise for this test/I had so much time left at the end of this test, but I got higher than all of you"

The way she wasn't so smart is that she started to flop and slack off for most of the year, due to her boosted ego. She ended up getting lower grades than almost all of us in out friendship group, and that proves to show that consistent hard work throughout the year gives a better outcome than being naturally smart.

Some people think I am super clever just because I get decent grades in tests however, comparing me to my sibling - he has a naturally science-y and maths-y brain, picks up new concepts ever so quickly, whereas I work so hard that I seem clever, but in reality I am an actual dumb-ass....it takes me wAy longer to understand and grasp concepts in things like physics and chemistry and more than twice as long to memorise facts. All you have to do is keep a good, healthy positive mindset (easier said than done, I know!), and do what you can.

Even if an exam went badly, you just have to brush it off, forget about it and just focus/work even harder on the upcoming ones...there's nothing you can do about the exams which you've done, so DON'T STRESS YOU MUPPET.

I wish you all the best for the future
pancakesbob7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also, we can't help you much if you don't say what's wrong...! Please do share...
Study6076
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So let's try again
1)I am going to finish my mocks and then update you guys when I get the results
2)Finish making revision materials for all subjects and all the content by Feb 15 (I am going to hand in practisd exam qs for my essay subjects during this time)
3)3 revsion cycles of revising from my revision materials
- 1) 15 feb - 15th March
- 2) 15th March- 15th April
- 3)15th April- 15th May

I will update u guys every week to make sure I am on track

Any tips or improvement?
pancakesbob7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So let's try again
2)Finish making revision materials for all subjects and all the content by Feb 15 (I am going to hand in practisd exam qs for my essay subjects during this time)
- 1) 15 feb - 15th March
- 3)15th April- 15th May

Any tips or improvement?
It's good that you are setting solid deadlines for everything but for ME PERONALLY(this may not apply to you), I just prioritised every single thing I needed to do by writing them on a to do list and numbering them in terms of importance. I previously tried what you did + made a revision timetable, but once I fell behind, I panicked and everything went doooownhill. You may be more resilient than me, and if so, sounds like a good plan.
daisyfleur
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
and i am a failure because there is no way i can achieve my goal
1 month on? how are you? how is it going? dont worry im in this with you i havent done any proper revision since start of year 11 and will do so coming feb half term where i have to grind hours and hours (im good at pressure) m stressed but i didnt fail my mocks and my teachers think i can get all 7-9s in my gcses which is all im looking for to get into the sixth form i want to. Try your best and make a revision timetable i swear im in the same spot as you dont worry you are NOT alone. and dont say your a failure and tb fair you wouldnt really need six 9s tbh just get mainly 7-9s for every subject and your average point score will maintain very high stop worrying cos you have time to acc go over everything you have 14 weeks dont worry just keep working through stuff and im telling u you should start rn cos if u dont by the half term then it gets kinda worrying.

be sure to reply to me i know how you feel.
daisyfleur
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So let's try again
- 1) 15 feb - 15th March
- 3)15th April- 15th May

Any tips or improvement?
this is a very good plan and if u keep ur head down and do intense REVISION AND I MEAN IT LIKE DO EVERYTHING EVEN IF IT TAKES U 10 HOURS A DAY DO IT

youll be way ahead of everyone and that revision will be way way more than theyll have ever done but dont forget just keep reading the notes and writing them down they will eventually stick dwwwww
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (348)
60.31%
Yes- I don't like it (30)
5.2%