scared !! Watch

hupper12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've got an induction day at a school where I'm going to be doing A-levels
6th form..its like a taster day of the subjects your going to be studying there.

none of my friends are going to that school, im going to be alone
i have to make new friends and don't know how to communicate with people...

shall i just sit on my own and do what i have to do that day ?
i get so nervous around people and i think about what they might be thinking of me.
im not the confident type of person...keep my self to my self.
when i get there shall ii just smile or go up to a random person and talk about whatever? (although i cant) dunno...how shall i approach someone?

so scared what shall I do that day?
thebestusernameever
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just be REALLY nice to everyone, dont be a ***** and ask loads of questions(and listen or pretend to).
Mcjazz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's probably easier to make new friends if you're alone, because otherwise you'll just hang with your old ones. At my induction I just spoke to whoever sat next to me, started off about the subject and then just said whatever. People there will be nervous too, you won't be the only one, it's a new experience for everyone, just enjoy it, I became good friends with some people I met at induction, just be nice to people and it'll be returned
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hupper12345)
I've got an induction day at a school where I'm going to be doing A-levels
6th form..its like a taster day of the subjects your going to be studying there.

none of my friends are going to that school, im going to be alone
i have to make new friends and don't know how to communicate with people...

shall i just sit on my own and do what i have to do that day ?
i get so nervous around people and i think about what they might be thinking of me.
im not the confident type of person...keep my self to my self.
when i get there shall ii just smile or go up to a random person and talk about whatever? (although i cant) dunno...how shall i approach someone?

so scared what shall I do that day?
^o) You've managed to reach 16 without learning how to communicate? **** me . Seriously though, bear in mind that there will be other people in exactly the same position as you, so find some of them to start with, then try and approach groups with your new-found mate
hupper12345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Alex L)
^o) You've managed to reach 16 without learning how to communicate? **** me . Seriously though, bear in mind that there will be other people in exactly the same position as you, so find some of them to start with, then try and approach groups with your new-found mate
i meant with people iv never met.
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In your taster lessons, you will obviously have to sit next to some new people.

If you can try and make some quiet chatter with them, ask their name etc and hopefully a conversation will get flowing.
Don't totally avoid people, otherwise they will just think that you are unfriendly.

I'm sure lots of people will speak to you, as they will spot you out as being new too.
live.laugh.love
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
just start chatting to other people in the same lessons as you.. ask them why they've chosen that subject, what career theyre interested in going into etc.
i had my induction day a few days ago, only had a 2 or 3 of my friends there, but wasn't in the same lessons as them, it's not that scary
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hupper12345)
i meant with people iv never met.
So what are you doing now, I don't believe we've met...:p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (543)
37.79%
No - but I will (112)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.6%

Watched Threads