Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I believe everyone at some point of their life has suffered from depression and it has different definition, for me -

Depression is being alive but not living. what's yours?
Jess_x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
There's a difference between being depressed and clinical depression. So no, not everyone has suffered from clinical depression at some point in their lives.
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I've noticed and dislike that people use different definitions. Some people have suicidal thoughts and don't get out of bed for months. Which is why i don't like it when people who just haven't been feeling as happy for a few weeks say they have depression. I don't really care what definition is used as long as people know that 'feeling sad' doesn't always mean 'having depression'.
Last edited by GlockInmyRari; 4 months ago
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
Depression is a clinical condition. I’ve been feeling so depressed for a few weeks now, I’ve got no motivation and struggle to be happy. But I wouldn’t say I’ve got depression. Although, if you want you’re question answered, I feel empty.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GlockInmyRari)
I've noticed and dislike that people use different definitions. Some people have suicidal thoughts and don't get out of bed for months. Which is why i don't like it when people who just haven't been feeling as happy for a few weeks say they have depression. I don't really care what definition is used as long as people know that 'feeling sad' doesn't always mean 'having depression'.
Having sucidal thoughts and being unmotivated is something you see in the surface, it is a more generalized form of depression, it goes much deeper for some people, You can be the most motivated person out there and still be in the state of paralysis and many don't seem to seek help because their body's reaction doesn't go by the dictionary definition of depression. I never said sad = depression so i don't know where that is coming from.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jess_x)
There's a difference between being depressed and clinical depression. So no, not everyone has suffered from clinical depression at some point in their lives.
it is a mood disorder and it can occur at some point of anyone's life, you can't help it.
Jess_x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
it is a mood disorder and it can occur at some point of anyone's life, you can't help it.
I agree with that. What I disagree with is you saying that depression happens to everyone, because it quite simply doesn't
Anonymous #3
Report 4 months ago
absolutely hell
lexii.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
feeling trapped
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Feeling trapped in your body. Feeling worthless and feeling like you want to die. Not being able to get up out of bed and do basic things. Neglecting personal hygiene, bad diet and etc. Feeling like there’s a demon around you 24/7 who refuses you to have at least one full day of pure happiness and no disappointment. Expecting disappointing things to happen. Not being able to sleep, having high anxiety and not wanting to talk to people. I could go forever dawg but it’s basically like hell
username5224582
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I believe everyone at some point of their life has suffered from depression and it has different definition, for me -

Depression is being alive but not living. what's yours?
Last edited by username5224582; 2 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads