The Student Room Group

Does this mean she's not interested when she says she wants to take it slow?

So met a girl on Hinge and we had our second date where she was feeling a bit distant and it was a less romantic date then date one (so no snogging).

We had a chat the other day to catch-up and she bought this up to state where she is feeling about things. She mentioned that she wanted to take things a bit slower as she is not sure how she feels and is naturally cautious about these things and doesn't want to rush. She also said she wants to hang out and get to know me and see what happens with romance side of things but to also dictate that as to when she is ready for that step.

I'm conflicted about this and see this as either she is friend zoning in a way that makes it easier for this to fizzle out or that she just wants to slow things down and all is not lost. We are going on another date this week but what can I do to make sure this isn't something that fizzles out or becomes a friendship?

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
is it me or are dating apps becoming weirder and weirdo. next 1 finna be called elephant

'mom dad where did u meet'
'on elephant'

im dead bruh
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
Hmm not sure, seems like she is playing you brah
depends on how she interpretes it because to me it means I want to get to know the person however ive got a guard up. Maybe ask her.
Reply 5
bump
Reply 6
Please help, I don't know what to do and my anxiety is kicking in
Do exactly what she said. Hang out with her and see what develops.
When you are together in real life, try to ensure that she is enjoying it as much as possible.
So that for example you take her on fun / interesting days and evenings out. EG crazy golf or an I Mech E chocolate factory tour.

Back in the 1950's this would have been called "Wooing her". So go ahead and do a bit of good old fashioned wooing. And if you ever develop into a longer term sexual relationship, keep up the wooing. Keep doing fun and interesting things together.

In the meantime, keep your options open and see what other women you can find, with a view to them becoming your girlfiend.

There's no need for anxiety at all. If things don't work out you had a few nice days or evenings out in the company of someone that sounds pleasant enough. If things do work out: great!
If she wasn't interested at all she'd just end it. She doesn't properly know you yet so she wants to pull back on the romance aspect - which is a perfectly acceptable way to feel/address it.
Reply 9
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Do exactly what she said. Hang out with her and see what develops.
When you are together in real life, try to ensure that she is enjoying it as much as possible.
So that for example you take her on fun / interesting days and evenings out. EG crazy golf or an I Mech E chocolate factory tour.

Back in the 1950's this would have been called "Wooing her". So go ahead and do a bit of good old fashioned wooing. And if you ever develop into a longer term sexual relationship, keep up the wooing. Keep doing fun and interesting things together.

In the meantime, keep your options open and see what other women you can find, with a view to them becoming your girlfiend.

There's no need for anxiety at all. If things don't work out you had a few nice days or evenings out in the company of someone that sounds pleasant enough. If things do work out: great!

The anxiety is kicking in as since we had that chat out WhatsApp messaging has been rather mundane and she seems a bit more distant. Which is why I'm thinking she isn't interested or starting to think 100 things at once.
Original post by sinfonietta
If she wasn't interested at all she'd just end it. She doesn't properly know you yet so she wants to pull back on the romance aspect - which is a perfectly acceptable way to feel/address it.

I appreciate that point it's just that since our chat she has seemed more distant on WhatsApp and our chats on there have been rather mundane. Just not sure about anything right now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending