So Cute & VERY Shy kitten.... Watch

Goldenratio
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
There's a two month old kitten that's adopted us but it won't be touched even though it will play occasionally near me. I've managed to tickle him around his ears when he eats... but he won't eat biscuits that i've touched. He plays with them but doesn't eat them What should I do?
alexa123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Where has this kitten come from?

i would be patient, it will come to you when it's read, its just because it is all strange to it, and its probably cautious of smells etc.
Cherry Kisses
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You need to form a bond with him. Get a cat toy-the kind that has a fluffy mouse on the end of a thin stick and sit on the floor beside him avoiding eye contact (cats hate that), flick the toy around and see if he'll play with it. He'll soon realise that you sitting there comes with a fun game. With treats, try sitting on the floor and throwing out teeny bits of treat to him, if he eats them then he might become brave enough to come a little closer each time. Remember to use un-threatening body language eg dont crouch over him, sit with your body twisting away and dont look at him in the eyes. Try to not make any harsh movements or loud noises, cause that could set you back to square one
~miffy~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
when i first got one of my cats she was extremely nervous and shy, even though she's older than your kitten (she was 2yrs old) just sitting near her for times during the day and not forcing loads of fuss on her gradually made her more relaxed and feel secure around us. The idea with getting some toys as well is good, kittens love toys and will associate you with fun and playing instead of something to be wary or anxious of. Hope that helps :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (552)
37.81%
No - but I will (115)
7.88%
No - I don't want to (102)
6.99%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (691)
47.33%

Watched Threads