Pregant Girls/Mothers: What would have been the nicest gift you could have got? Watch

Valkyrja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
It's my friends 21st birthday in a couple of weeks and she's five months pregnant, I'm going to buy her some baby grows and baby stuff...but I want to get her something for HER as well...

I was thinking about a foot massage and a pedicure? Is that a good idea? I only have upto about £50...and want to do something really nice for her.

What would you have loved at five months pregnant?
balloon_parade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow, how nice are you £50!

Hmm, I would have loved a manicure or something that you can have done that you don't have to do yourself. And it also makes you feel good about yourself.
screenager2004
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love that you're getting something for the mother to use for herself! It's so depressing receiving baby gifts only (of course they are helpful to receive though!). you feel like that's who you are now. You're no longer "Jessica" or "Ellie" - you're just "mom" now. I mean, if it was your mates birthday, you wouldn't buy an x-box for their 11 year old son, or dresses for their 3 year old daughter would you.

ANYhoo! Definately something to pamper her with, pregnancy can make a woman feel insecure about her body, stretch marks and all, a foot massager would be a great! I totally support that idea, or some lovely vitamin E or cocoa butter cremes (really good for stretch marks too!), make her feel beautiful!
balloon_parade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oooh a massive bottle of Bio-oil because it is bloody expensive!
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ooh yeh foot massage is a great idea
h82think
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This looks tasty:

http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/New-B...y-Box-P350009/

New Baby Discovery Box

This might also be useful:

http://www.thesanctuary.co.uk/pregnancy-treatments.htm
alexa123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i agree i think it's a lovely thing to buy something for the mother herself as everyone often thinks about the baby and nothing else.

i agree some kinda massage would be lovely, vouchers of some kind. anything that makes her feel special.
Antonia87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got my friend a voucher for a day at a luxury spa - massage, facial, you name it, she got it!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some sex education classes
atoms4peace
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
ooh yeh foot massage is a great idea
your daughter looks sort of likea young drew barrymore in the pic with pig-tails
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
foot massage is a good idea....increase circulation so less swollen ankles!
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by atoms4peace)
your daughter looks sort of likea young drew barrymore in the pic with pig-tails
you think? must be her expression - she doesn't usually lol
little_green
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Perhaps a nice meal out because when I was five months pregnant I could quite easily have eaten a horse.

Other than that a foot massage or pampering voucher thing would be nice.
balloon_parade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 122025278)
Some sex education classes
You are just unbelievable. GET A LIFE!
SarahhhD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When my Auntie was pregnant with my Cousin, her then husband got her aload of bany stuff for xmas, it didn't go down too well...
yeah, something which will make her feel beautiful not bloated.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by balloon_parade)
You are just unbelievable. GET A LIFE!
I've said it before, God and Morals wouldn't go a miss
balloon_parade
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 122025278)
I've said it before, God and Morals wouldn't go a miss
For someone who is so 'moral' you are unbelievably judgemental, you have NO idea about the OP's friends life.

Just grow up and stop forcing your views on everyone. You are just a pathetic troll.
Muppety_Kid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For someone who is so 'moral' you are unbelievably judgemental, you have NO idea about the OP's friends life.

Just grow up and stop forcing your views on everyone. You are just a pathetic troll.
Well said.

I find it amusing that he's trolling threads on pregnancy/motherhood (I know this one's in General Discussion).

Wait...what am I doing here?
Valkyrja
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago

Indeed and as it happens she's a medical student with a view to go in to gynaecology. 0_o after the baby's grown up a little bit (she's just passed her first year).

I think I'm gonna go for foot massage then...and possibly a manicure too.

thank you everyone you've been really really helpful
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would love something like this! Especially a back massage as I have sciatica with my pregnancy. It's very thoughtful of you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (254)
38.84%
No - but I will (45)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.19%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
47.09%

Watched Threads