Is it worth revising just before going to sleep?

Watch
TheKingKay
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Should I revise just before I go to sleep or should I just go to sleep instead?
UGP1023
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
It’s better to just sleep and replenish your energy before you begin revising, because if you are sleepy you aren’t gonna remember it anyway
ThatOneGuy29200
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
If you mean an hour or 2 before , and if it's a subject where you need to memorise quite a bit , I've found revising before sleeping is quite effective , given I recap at some point the next day. However cramming and revising into sleeping hours haven't proven to be as effective. You should note it's different for everyone and the only way to find out what's best for you is to try different things out.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by TheKingKay)
Should I revise just before I go to sleep or should I just go to sleep instead?
No its better to revise when you wake up for a very short sessions, as your concentration will be at its best (that is, if you've had a good sleep).
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Revising before sleeping can actually be one of the most beneficial times to revise. During your sleep your brain is creating memories and if you’ve just revised then the information will be fresh in your mind.
ThatOneGuy29200
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by RichPiana)
Revising before sleeping can actually be one of the most beneficial times to revise. During your sleep your brain is creating memories and if you’ve just revised then the information will be fresh in your mind.
Exactly this. I've seen a BBC documentary on this and in my experience it works quite well , I'm not entirely certain where the "brain gets tired" stuff has come from , I'm assuming you've misinterpreted the question as "should i revise whilst sleepy?".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (129)
59.45%
No (47)
21.66%
Not sure (41)
18.89%

Watched Threads