The Student Room Group

Good unis for Economics

International student here, I've been finishing up my application and I need two more choices for unis to apply to. I've been choosing Courses like Economics and Sociology, International Relations with/and Economics and such in Birmingham, Reading and Kent. I'm looking specifically for Joint honours/major-minors...

For my other two choices, I've looked at Oxford Brookes, Aberdeen, Manchester, Aston and such but I'm unsure of their environment and reputation as I haven't been in the UK since I was 9... Hopefully, I can be advised some good options
(Applying for deferred entry. Predicted AAA by my form 6 co-ordinator but I believe I'll get around AAB-BBB so I'm looking for safe choices) (My AS level grades weren't very good)
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Bristol is amazing for Economics. I think they offer contextual offers too.
Original post by Dms2001
International student here, I've been finishing up my application and I need two more choices for unis to apply to. I've been choosing Courses like Economics and Sociology, International Relations with/and Economics and such in Birmingham, Reading and Kent. I'm looking specifically for Joint honours/major-minors...

For my other two choices, I've looked at Oxford Brookes, Aberdeen, Manchester, Aston and such but I'm unsure of their environment and reputation as I haven't been in the UK since I was 9... Hopefully, I can be advised some good options
(Applying for deferred entry. Predicted AAA by my form 6 co-ordinator but I believe I'll get around AAB-BBB so I'm looking for safe choices) (My AS level grades weren't very good)

Hey there!
So pleased to hear you've applied to the University of Kent :biggrin: I'm a social media rep for Kent so if you have any questions about the courses, applications or life at Kent then please feel free to ask! I'm happy to help where I can :smile:
Best of luck with your applications!
The first issue to decide is what course you wish to take so you can base your personal statement on those subjects. If you are looking at taking Economics are you taking A level Maths as without it you will be restricted in you choice of A levels. Decent universities that dont require Maths A levels for Economics include Lancaster, East Anglia, Kent, Royal Holloway, Sussex and Swansea. Most of these are in smaller towns and are campus universities and most will make offers around your grades. I havent looked at joint degrees but you need to look into your options.

Quick Reply

Latest