2 months in sixform amd I want to go back to college

Watch
halloumi5
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Its stupid I know and all I need is advice really (never done this before) don't know if anyone would get back to my discussion (Please do, it'll be cool)

Firstly, I suffer from anxiety and lately it's gotten worse..im not using this as an excuse but It's been 2 months in sixform and I don't like it..I have missed 2 weeks of it in September cause of being ill aswell.
I am just an average student and not gonna be terrifically A* in everything. However, I did okay in Gcse's but didn't meet the requirements for sixform. So I went on to do one year of college and got a distinction in Health and Social care. (Bit unexpected not going to sixform)

As much as I liked college I wanted to go back to sixform and now I am feeling so stress and confused about a lot of things (can't imagine how others would be feeling doing A levels themselves)
Like I was much better off at college doing the course that would get me to the desired University (Yeah going to a higher university is cool and all and trust me I do have it in me to get there (but im biting my tounge and don't want to put that on me; just live life simply plus most of my family members went to a normal Uni and some got offered higher like Birmingham but thats just me) - degrees are the same at the end of the day and its just about experience and qualifications; and I want to attend to a University in the degree I want to do.

I hate how indecisive I am and maybe I should just nip it in the bud but I don't know what to do. I wish I can turn back time and talk sense into myself and its the half term holiday now and I can't enjoy it because im stressed about the stupid decison I have made and it'll be November by the time we get back.

I wondered would they still reconsider me? as I would be so dedicated to catch up the two months I missed. Also It'll be two years of the course in the college and in sixform untill I go to university. I got use to the college system and way around things. Surely they consider an existing student and someone who achieved higher in their courses they taught. Would it work If I email them or book an important meeting with them (Basically professionally beg it to them that can I go back)

Ps. It's literally 5am as I type this also allow any spelling mistakes because I rushed this. THANKS whoever reads this and gets back.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I mean if that's what you want, you can only ask the college if they'd accept you. I wouldn't be surprised if at this stage they aren't able to accept you for this academic year, but get onto them ASAP and you may be in luck!
halloumi5
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks for the feedback appreaciate it still. I think im okay and is gonna be okay. I've decided to stay on and jus doing what I gotta do and if I really wanted to, I could do one year of college after one year of sixform if that's allowed. And I might want to stay on if anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads