The Student Room Group

Durham Or UCL?Museum Studies MA

Hello everyone! I am an undergraduate from China.

My undergraduate major is history, with an average score of 90.28. My university is not bad in China. I plan to take courses related to museum studies at the postgraduate level. Last week I received offers from Durham University Museum and Artefact studies and University of Leicester Museum Studies . UCL is also open for application on 1st November . I still want to have a try.

If so, what would you choose?

I would like to ask your opinion, because I have a bit of a struggle.
Original post by ChuuEe
Hello everyone! I am an undergraduate from China.

My undergraduate major is history, with an average score of 90.28. My university is not bad in China. I plan to take courses related to museum studies at the postgraduate level. Last week I received offers from Durham University Museum and Artefact studies and University of Leicester Museum Studies . UCL is also open for application on 1st November . I still want to have a try.

If so, what would you choose?

I would like to ask your opinion, because I have a bit of a struggle.

Leicester uni is known as an excellent place to do Museum Studies They have great contacts with lot of museums, so even though Durham is more prestigious generaIly, I would choose Leicester over Durham for that particular subject. UCL is worth applying to also.
Reply 2
Thank you very much. For me, chooseing is really tough one. University of Leicester may not be famous in China, but its strength in this field cannot be underestimated.
From word of mouth, I have heard really good things about UCL and Leicester.

Definitely try for UCL - I know someone who has an internship at a major museum and only graduated this year. As part of the course, they also got a placement in the V&A.
Reply 4
Original post by Edminzodo
From word of mouth, I have heard really good things about UCL and Leicester.

Definitely try for UCL - I know someone who has an internship at a major museum and only graduated this year. As part of the course, they also got a placement in the V&A.

Thank you for your kind opinion. I think I already know the answer in my heart.Just completed the application of UCL, being able to go to V & A is really attractive.
I seem to have seen UCL admissions office send me a reject letter, ha ha. £80 for a hopeless dream.
Original post by ChuuEe
Thank you for your kind opinion. I think I already know the answer in my heart.Just completed the application of UCL, being able to go to V & A is really attractive.
I seem to have seen UCL admissions office send me a reject letter, ha ha. £80 for a hopeless dream.

Sorry to hear that, best of luck with your decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending