Geography GCSE Paper 2 AQA Watch

ccpiano001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
For Paper 2 GCSEs geography did you memorise every single fact or did you just memorise the general case studies and use common sense for the majority of the other questions? Also, did you just memorise the 'big' case studies such as Rio and Nigeria etc. or the smaller case studies as well for example China investing in Pakistan etc.?

E3student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Each school does different case studies but for me I learnt the big case studies that could be the 9 mark questions. I then followed the specification because some small cases we got taught in class weren't actually required for the exam. maybe have a look on the aqa website and see if it asks for a named example for the sections in paper 2.
ccpiano001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by E3student)
Each school does different case studies but for me I learnt the big case studies that could be the 9 mark questions. I then followed the specification because some small cases we got taught in class weren't actually required for the exam. maybe have a look on the aqa website and see if it asks for a named example for the sections in paper 2.
So did you learn every individual fact for GCSE geography or the general gist of the information and then the pure facts for the case studies?
E3student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I didn’t learn every fact just the key words and then most of the information for the case studies. I just followed the spec and revised everything on that as they could ask you anything on the spec
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads