Doing A-Levels while at uni.................. Watch

urethrar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
anyone ever done this.

i was thinking of resitting 2 a-levels (i got ABB) to make my cv look better and maybe help me transfer unis next year.

do you think it would be possible with a 1st yr workload??
xpillowangelx86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It depends on the course. If it's Medicine area or Law then no way, i wouldn't recommend it
urethrar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
what, because of workload?
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xpillowangelx86)
It depends on the course. If it's Medicine area or Law then no way, i wouldn't recommend it
I agree. If you can get into the uni then why?
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by urethrar)
what, because of workload?
Yes, but also because you need to have a break!
thatwhichiam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As regards your CV I don't think you will need to improve it as employers will probably only look at your degree - transferring, well, I think they care more about your uni work. I wouldn't advise it because of workload, and you'll just plain want to do other things.
layercake
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thatwhichiam)
As regards your CV I don't think you will need to improve it as employers will probably only look at your degree - transferring, well, I think they care more about your uni work. I wouldn't advise it because of workload, and you'll just plain want to do other things.
yes, but if your current grades are below the requirements for the uni you want to transfer to - it might be worth it.
FadedJade
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can, I know a few people have done it, and they have said that its only studying them while at uni that made them realise how easy they were. Obviously I dont know hoe true that is. But if you are happy with what uni you are going to, then whats the point?
crazybored
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's wrong with ABB?
layercake
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crazybored)
What's wrong with ABB?
i think the OP's point is that he wants to improve on ABB to give him a better chance of transferring?
xpillowangelx86
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its like I am about to study for a BTEC National in Health and Social Care I am about to start my Open university course in Health and Social Care, but I know that if i miss a deadline for the course work etc, I will have a heavy work load. So i think if you do opt to do a-levels as well as your degree, then get yourself a PDA or phone that has email/word so that when you're on the bus/train/taxi etc, you can work as go. Also store important deadlines i.e assignment due etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.83%
No - but I will (115)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (699)
47.39%

Watched Threads