Brexit Delayed until Jan. 31. Watch

valentina m.k
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
So you will be able to explain how the EU will "make the UK pay" if parliament revokes A50.
Remember that the EU is just as aware as everyone else that Brexit is not something that the country as a whole wants, so why would they engage in collective punishment? It would be in contravention of the Geneva Convention and probably the European Convention on Human Rights.
I didn't mean it as corporal punishment, it would be absurd. I meant how we will have to start from the beginning and gain the "EU's trust" and how little money we'll be receiving from their budget.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by valentina m.k)
I didn't mean it as corporal punishment, it would be absurd. I meant how we will have to start from the beginning and gain the "EU's trust" and how little money we'll be receiving from their budget.
Yes and that's part of the deal! If yoy leave the club you cannot have the same rights as members of the club!
Marcus...
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
absolutely shocked.

Delayed again?

Who would have guessed...
OR321
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Brexit has had more dates than me, damn 😔
Last edited by OR321; 3 weeks ago
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Haha nice.
If the thick of it was still going it would be brilliant.
Even at their most incompetent, not being able to walk, they were still more capable.
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Marcus...)
absolutely shocked.

Delayed again?

Who would have guessed...
Yes, I am truly shocked. I thought everyone trusted and loved Boris and Brexit. I know he only tried tito perogue parliament, makes racist comments, and tells lies but he is only the Prime Minister!
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
No those of us that expect those who are voted into a representative parliament to represent our views and do what was promised in the manifestos on which they stood and were elected.
1. They are representing my views and the views of millions of others, so job done.
2. The opposition is not obliged to support government legislation.
3. You really think that governments keep their manifesto promises? lol!
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
I can yes thanks
Let me guess... but you won't because you cba. :rofl:
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If Article 50 is revoked, the UK continues its membership under the existing terms - including keeping our rebate.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Wont happen because we will swing the axe on the neck of remainer mps who are blocking our will in 2022
Ah yes, you must be one of the 70 odd percent of Leavers who thinks that violence against MPs is acceptable.
BTW, they are not blocking my will, or the will of the majority of the population.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
1. They are representing my views and the views of millions of others, so job done.
2. The opposition is not obliged to support government legislation.
3. You really think that governments keep their manifesto promises? lol!
Now you're just being obtuse me old mucka.
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The brexit deadline will be extended again, until the news dies down, it never happens and in five years time once it's all forgotten about, people will question "What ever happened to that Brexit thing anyway?"
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm looking forward to Have I Got News For You now Boris is heading for the ditch
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
Ah yes, you must be one of the 70 odd percent of Leavers who thinks that violence against MPs is acceptable.
BTW, they are not blocking my will, or the will of the majority of the population.
Are you one of the 58% of English Remainers who thought that violence against MPs was justified if we stay in the EU.

BB has been warning for some months about the breakdown in civility caused by Brexit. Noticeably the percentage prepared to countenance violence in pursuit of either Brexit or Remain was much lower in Scotland (particularly in Glasgow on a Saturday night after a quiet glass or two of Buckie )
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Good, hopefully the more time passes without Brexit the more likely it is we revoke Article 50 and end all of this absolute stupidity of trying to leave the EU.
username5008580
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
All these Brexiteers who say that by extending the deadline we are going against the will of 17.4 million people who voted leave in 2016 are absent-minded. Had voted, now a lot of them would change their mind. The referendum was full of false lies, there are many people who had no clue what Brexit meant that were subjugated by the Leave campaign manifesto to vote leave, and now would definitely change their mind. Likewise some Remainers would change their mind for Brexit but it would be more the other way. Their lies that leaving the EU would give £350 million a week to the NHS etc has brought about a world where Brexit has become synonymous with racial abuse and hatred, even against ethnic minorities who have no connection to Europe! I guarantee that the result would not be the same in a second referendum. We need a second referendum because parliament cannot vote for a deal, they cannot vote for a no deal, they cannot vote to revoke article 50, they simply cannot vote for anything. Now the people are much more educated and wary of the consequences and benefits of leaving the EU, a liberal democracy should allow a second, Final Say. The second referendum should have all possible Brexit options put to the electorate, including no deal, revoke, boris' agreement, may's agreement' labour's agreement etc. If Leave win again, that is perfectly fine and we must leave, else we shouldn't. Any Brexiteers who still believe that most people want Brexit should support another referendum so we can test their claim. Or perhaps they would be scared to see the result if the truth turns out majority want to remain. We don't know and the only way to move forward from Brexit is to go back to the people.
funmilayo xo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Our Government is a joke.
They are gonna keep delaying it and who knows we may not even leave?
Either outcome we get it's going to be an absolute pain. If we leave, we may not even get good trade deals and if we remain the EU is gonna make us pay for the palaver we caused.
I also agree that the Government is a joke.
They keep delaying it but instead of figuring out a solution it results in another three months of arguing and nothing being achieved. What confuses me is that Boris Johnson is so desperate to leave but he is agreeing to all the Brexit extensions given to him. At this point, Labour's choice of an election is looking like an option.
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by funmilayo xo)
What confuses me is that Boris Johnson is so desperate to leave but he is agreeing to all the Brexit extensions given to him.
Benn act. Johnson was legally bound to ask for and accept an extension.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
No i dont.

I know you have a struggle to understand however I was talking non litterally, I'd of thought that went without saying but apparently not :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (12)
30%
Spring (6)
15%
Autumn/Fall (10)
25%
Winter (8)
20%
I love them all equally (4)
10%