Brexit Delayed until Jan. 31. Watch

funmilayo xo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Was it from the document that he signed, I didn't know it was legally bound?
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
Are you one of the 58% of English Remainers who thought that violence against MPs was justified if we stay in the EU.

BB has been warning for some months about the breakdown in civility caused by Brexit. Noticeably the percentage prepared to countenance violence in pursuit of either Brexit or Remain was much lower in Scotland (particularly in Glasgow on a Saturday night after a quiet glass or two of Buckie )
As I said above, to be clear I was not condoning violence against anyone. I have been warning of a political blood bath of an upcoming general election and also warning about civil unrest as Brexit hysteria grows and grows and further becomes a religious like belief in peoples mind.

I'm right as well and furthermore this is not aimed at one group, the civil unrest will be from both extreme camps.
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mgi)
No. Brexiters know exactly why they voted for Brexit! To leave the eu ,be independent and sort the details later! You may not lilke the reasoning but people voted as a protest against loss of identity of uk British?!
Sorry, but at which point did the EU have anything to do with anybody's identity or make them less British?

Is this the Blue passports argument all over again?
SpacePatroFan189
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Good God, this is The New Mutants movie all over again!
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by winterscoming)
Sorry, but at which point did the EU have anything to do with anybody's identity or make them less British?

No it's about gaining back powers we previously devoluted to Brussels.
username5008580
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by winterscoming)

Some Euro-sceptics had implemented an ideology that there are many EU citizens who are coming in the country, taking our jobs and exhibiting their cultural showcases in places which 'used to be British', even though they are just expressing multi-culturalism. That being said, there are many jobs which were vacant because these Eurosceptics simply do not take them up, such as menial labour. Instead these EU citizens are the ones fruit picking in plants and providing the labour for big industries in the UK. They even work in our NHS and help us! And when these Euro-sceptics are looking for jobs, they blame these EU citizens and say that they are losing their British identity. Britain will not do as well without the EU because of this and since we have not fully recovered from the recession, we're simply not strong enough yet to be independent of the EU. And anyway, even if we were, the EU brings many benefits to Britain.
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
Are you one of the 58% of English Remainers who thought that violence against MPs was justified if we stay in the EU.
No. Absolutely not. What's more, I have yet to meet one who is.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
No i dont.
I know you have a struggle to understand however I was talking non litterally, I'd of thought that went without saying but apparently not :rolleyes:
You talked about taking an axe to the necks of Remainer MPs.
"Taking an axe" to something is a legitimate expression for getting rid of something in general terms, but you went further and specified taking an axe to their necks. No one says "take an axe to their necks" when they just mean sacking them. Why on earth would you add that if you didn't mean it?

Of course, it could be the case that you have a poor grasp of English and have a habit of inventing your own weird malapropisms and the like. But then, you claim to be dead clever and great at English, so it can't be that. Therefore you can only have meant it literally. You want to behead Remainer MPs. Remember to shout "This is for Britain." as you are doing it.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As I said above, to be clear I was not condoning violence against anyone. I have been warning of a political blood bath of an upcoming general election and also warning about civil unrest as Brexit hysteria grows and grows and further becomes a religious like belief in peoples mind.

I'm right as well and furthermore this is not aimed at one group, the civil unrest will be from both extreme camps.
There isn't going to be any civil unrest. We may see the odd lone wolf, like your own call for the beheading of Remainer MPs, but that is just a deranged minority.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No it's about gaining back powers we previously devoluted to Brussels.
Which of the powers that we devoluted [sic] to Brussels are you most looking forward to the Government exercising once we leave the EU? I do hope you're not still expecting VAT to drop below 15%, because you will be disappointed, believe me.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
Which of the powers that we devoluted [sic] to Brussels are you most looking forward to the Government exercising once we leave the EU? I do hope you're not still expecting VAT to drop below 15%, because you will be disappointed, believe me.
I have never stated I expect VAT to drop below 15% that again is you're inability to follow very simple dialogue.

What I actully did was correct you when you claimed our parliament had full control over VAT you were wrong, it doesn't. However in true qe2 style when you lose or get proven wrong you throw teddy out the pram and start rambling wild accusations and fallacious points just as others have highlighted.

I voted for our elected parliament to regain the powers to fullly control and self govern without the superiority of EU law.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 2 weeks ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by QE2)
You talked about taking an axe to the necks of Remainer MPs.
"Taking an axe" to something is a legitimate expression for getting rid of something in general terms, but you went further and specified taking an axe to their necks. No one says "take an axe to their necks" when they just mean sacking them. Why on earth would you add that if you didn't mean it?

Of course, it could be the case that you have a poor grasp of English and have a habit of inventing your own weird malapropisms and the like. But then, you claim to be dead clever and great at English, so it can't be that. Therefore you can only have meant it literally. You want to behead Remainer MPs. Remember to shout "This is for Britain." as you are doing it.
:facepalm:Learn the difference between literal and non literal.

Also stop lying, I have never claimed to be "dead clever and great at English" so just stop talking nonsense about me because you dont possess the abilty to communicate and understand dialogue.

(Original post by QE2)
There isn't going to be any civil unrest. We may see the odd lone wolf, like your own call for the beheading of Remainer MPs, but that is just a deranged minority.
Yes there will, there are remainers on this forum who are openly talking about creating a $***storm by any means.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What I actully did was correct you when you claimed our parliament had full control over VAT you were wrong, it doesn't. However in true qe2 style when you lose or get proven wrong you throw teddy out the pram and start rambling wild accusations and fallacious points just as others have highlighted.
Oh dear. You claimed that you voted Leave so that we could set VAT rates below 15%. I merely pointed out that we can already do that. I never claimed the UK had "full control" over setting VAT rates. Yet again, your lack of understanding of the stuff you are going on about has let you down.

I have never stated I expect VAT to drop below 15%
So why claim that you voted Leave because of VAT rates? If they are not going to change, it seems like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
username5008580
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Also stop lying, I have never claimed to be "dead clever and great at English" so just stop talking nonsense about me because you dont possess the abilty to communicate and understand dialogue.

Yes there will, there are remainers on this forum who are openly talking about creating a $***storm by any means.
Any civil unrest would be caused by Eurosceptic fascists who want to as you quote 'swing the axe on the neck' of peaceful protesters(remainers) who don't want to suffer the disastrous consequences of any form of Brexit that fanatics like you believe is beneficial for the country. Of course there will be some benefits but the consequences of Brexit far outweigh the advantages.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I voted for our elected parliament to regain the powers to fullly control and self govern
I asked..."Which of the powers that we devoluted [sic] to Brussels are you most looking forward to the Government exercising once we leave the EU?"
Just saying "the powers!" is not an answer.
So, come on. Be specific. Which powers?

without the superiority of EU law.
Which EU law that had been imposed on the UK, superseding UK law, are you most looking forward to being repealed?

TBH, I suspect that like most Leavers, you can't provide an answer to these questions. And we both know why that is, don't we
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ironically, it is you who needs to learn the difference. It is what you write that determines whether it will be taken literally or figuratively.

But you do?

[quote]Yes there will, there are remainers on this forum who are openly talking about creating a $***storm by any means.[quote] Yeah, a shjtstorm of salty kids banging away at their keyboards and spittle-flecked Gammons rustling their copies of the Times/Sun.
Nothing. Will. Happen.
BatmanRH
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
Ashamed. I'm ashamed that I had faith in Boris to deliver on his main promise when he was elected leader, to deliver Brexit by 31st October. He said he'd rather die in a ditch than extend brexit, well it's time to get digging that ditch.
Why would you have faith in Boris Johnson? Are you stupid or something?
xxlaila03xx
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by teenpolitics)
How do you feel?
This is never going to end is it
username5008580
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by BatmanRH)
Why would you have faith in Boris Johnson? Are you stupid or something?
Anyone who supports a man whose hair looks like a straw-coloured mop that's eccentrically windblown is stupid. Same reason why Trump supporters are stupid.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AnonymousGuest)
Any civil unrest would be caused by Eurosceptic fascists who want to as you quote 'swing the axe on the neck' of peaceful protesters(remainers) who don't want to suffer the disastrous consequences of any form of Brexit that fanatics like you believe is beneficial for the country. Of course there will be some benefits but the consequences of Brexit far outweigh the advantages.
And breathe!:rolleyes:

Do you want to rewrite that with some link to reality?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (12)
32.43%
Spring (6)
16.22%
Autumn/Fall (8)
21.62%
Winter (7)
18.92%
I love them all equally (4)
10.81%