In love with a married man... Watch

Flunked
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi... First of all - Im not in love with a married man and Im NOT the married man either

Last night, all night, I had a female friend round my place who decided to open her heart to me. I was shocked at what she had to say because she's just a normal, sweet kinda girl and happens to be very good-looking too. She's 21...

So, it turns out she's fallen for a married bloke... and I got to hear everything about him too! He's early 30's, seemingly happily married but somehow fallen for my friend too! From what she told me he does actually sound like a very sensitive (i use the the word carefully given the circumstances!) guy. What Im trying to say is hes doesnt seem to be in it just for the sex. She's saying hes the nicest guy she's met, makes her feel good, etc etc...

Anyway, I was caught off guard and being a typical bloke really had no idea what to say. I was more a shoulder to cry on than a source of advice. But what kind of advice can I give??? Tell her she's stupid and pull herself together? Obviously the thing cant go on forever but what would you want/expect to be told if you were a girl in this situation? Do you want hard truths? To be told to enjoy yourself? Please, a few comments would help. She's coming round again later! And Id really like to help!!
pamelaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
She needs to remember that the man is married. It wouldn't be fair on his wife, (or even his children if he has any) if they were to have an affair. I think she should just move on, avoid al contact with him, time afterall is the best healer. Plus how does she know he's not like this with all woman? Maybe he's just a geuinely nice bloke who isn't *in love* with her.
Flunked
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi again...
Well after the second summit meeting theres no change. Hes a great guy and seems to "love" her... but also loves his wife. I kind of sympathise having heard what my friend say he has said... Seems very genuine and my friend is such a nice girl that she could be very fall-in-love-withable Suppose this also raises the question "Is it possible to love 2 people at the same time?"

Ive told her it cant go on, or she should try to cool it a little at first and then try to become friends but the pair of them are just too attracted to each other at the moment to pack in totally.
Any more tips/advice without? Cheers...
nolongerhearthemusic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If they are attracted to each other, it's probably best they aren't friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads