not.a.tree
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
im making my choices for my A Levels, and I want to do Veterinary Medicine at university, but I dont know what to pick for my third A level, beacuse I heard Cambridge wants maths , but history is more interesting!

(P.S) My other two choices are chem and bio.

HELP!
HoldThisL
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i'd probably do maths because i did history and wish i did maths because it would've helped with my degree and it probably will for yours too, especially if it's a requirement or a favourable A level
kannmnn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you’re considering Cambridge- definitely do maths.

Other universities won’t care at all.

I’m currently in year 12 and I’m taking biology, chemistry and history. You’re right- history’s wayy more interesting Only take maths if you really enjoy it, although you could still become a vet if you took history (just not at Cambridge)

Look at specific uni requirements, although Biology + Chemistry + any other academic subject , will definitely give you the chance to do veterinary medicine
Last edited by kannmnn; 5 months ago
PQAccount
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
As you are considering History, I'll assume you are also considering other universities apart from Cambridge. In those circumstances, you should choose your 3rd A-level subject on the basis that it won't eat into your study time for Chem and Bio. As you enjoy History, that would be the choice to make. If you choose Maths, you may not only not get the required grade in Maths but the amount of time you have to dedicate to Maths could cost you your required grade in Bio and Chem. If you want to play it safe, choose History. If you feel like taking a chance to go for Cambridge, choose Maths. I would choose History as what matters at the end of the day is qualifying as a vet wherever that is. Best of luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads