wot do u think..? Watch

kalima
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hii every1

I got a conditional offer from hertfordshire for pharmacy ..da thing is dat dey want me to get a 65% as an average of ma course which is pharmacetical science ..but I messed up in one of da units and got 61% as an average ..

ma Qs is do dey normally give ppl wiv a slight lower grades a chance

or dey r really strict..
OllyThePhilosopher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can write a nice letter to them or give them a ring, they probably aren't too strict. It depends on the importance of your course to the offer really.
O - and get someone else to read through your letter if you write one.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
y r we spekin in dis gangsta talk

Aight!

You'll have to contact them and ask. It's no good asking us. 61% is only borderline. They may, or may not, still take you. Are there other qualities (eg. extensive work experience) you have?

And please spell properly. I don't mean to make an issue out of it but there's no need. Especially ma (rather than my) I mean, it's no quicker to type!
what_apples
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you might be okay, but you need to get in contact with them to find out - the sooner the better as well. It all comes down to if they have places left after all the people who met the requirements have confirmed they are going there.

One thing though; I'd try and use proper English when you do get in contact. Reading what you wrote in your post actually gave me a bit of a headache. I'm not trying to be rude - if you happen to get in contact via email and the message is like the one above, I think it would seriously hurt your chances.
Greenmile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by River85)

And please spell properly. I don't mean to make an issue out of it but there's no need. Especially ma (rather than my) I mean, it's no quicker to type!
:ditto:
member9876
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I too have a similar situation and could do with someone looking at a letter I have written, anyone willing to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.82%
No - but I will (114)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (102)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (690)
47.36%

Watched Threads