The Student Room Group

Where can a 16 year old find a weekend job?

hi I’m 16 I’m gonna turn 17 in a month and I’m doing my a-levels currently I haven’t got any work experience and I would like to get a job for the weekends but every job I’ve applied to reject me as there are other suitable candidates and right now I don’t know where to apply and I’m not sure if my cv is good enough as I haven’t got experience and I’ve just about passed my GCSE apart from maths so is there anyway else I could get a job as a receptionist or in retail?
Original post by Luxxxx27
hi I’m 16 I’m gonna turn 17 in a month and I’m doing my a-levels currently I haven’t got any work experience and I would like to get a job for the weekends but every job I’ve applied to reject me as there are other suitable candidates and right now I don’t know where to apply and I’m not sure if my cv is good enough as I haven’t got experience and I’ve just about passed my GCSE apart from maths so is there anyway else I could get a job as a receptionist or in retail?

Most employers reject students due to availability. Refine your CV and if you don’t have any experience then you may want to do some volunteering first in a charity shop then you could include it in toueCV and describe the skills you acquired from that job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending