What do anniversaries mean to you? Watch

Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I was talking to my friend who said that his girlfriend got angry because he said that anniversaries don't mean much to him. I do agree (I just can't see why it makes any difference how long you've been together) but I would still get my girlfriend a present, because the occasion means something to her.

What are your opinions?

edit: Sorry, maybe this is the wrong forum.
Ang|ophi|e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you should recognize that the day is your anniversary, but that's it. You don't need to celebrate being a month together. If it's a year, then that's perfectly okay. I'm not big on presents either. But then again material items don't mean much to me. I prefer hugs and kisses.
fatal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my boyfriend ignored our first year anniversairy, i was so annoyed but got over it, for our second ann. (just passed) we are going out for dinner x
hnm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He was probably tactless in saying that. Maybe he could have just went "I'm not that big on celebrating" but still make the evening special by making her a card.
NW8_SW1_EC3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A time of reflection over the years that has led up to the anniversary.
:):)
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i was rele excited about anniversaries in my last relationship but that was my first long relationship so im not sure id make the same fuss next time tho its nice to acknowledge youve been together for a while

i way prefer home made presents than anything bought its more personal
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's a fact - anniversaries mean a lot more to women than to men.

My husband couldn't give a stuff about owt like that, but I play hell with him if he forgets
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If people are married then I agree with anniversarys because a wedding day is special.

Two people just dating then not really. I certainly wouldn't expect dinner/presents. As i tend to spoil my partner just whenever.
22KT22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My friends were more excited about mine and my bfs anniversary than we were. we just got each other a little something to mark the day and saw each other for a few hours.

i do agree with the consensus, women do care more about them than men but then men tend to forget them!
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To me it should at least be acknowledged... you've spent x amount of months with them, so surely you should celebrate (if only a little) what you have together.

My boyfriend and I don't buy each other presents, but we do spend time together. That is the greatest gift of all, I reckon.
LaurenFah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I use anniversaries to think myself how lucky I am.
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think making big things out of 'month' anniversaries is silly, but me and my boyfriend usually do something for the year ones.
I usually do something homemade as I find it more personal, or at least I get something that'll he love but won't necessarily be conventional or understood by other people! He doesn't like to admit it, but my boyfriend likes to spoil me on anniversaries and things
Ang|ophi|e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 22KT22)
My friends were more excited about mine and my bfs anniversary than we were. we just got each other a little something to mark the day and saw each other for a few hours.

i do agree with the consensus, women do care more about them than men but then men tend to forget them!
:ditto: Every 16th of the month my friend tells me "Happy Anniversary!" She remembers when I forget sometimes :p:
22KT22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ang|ophi|e)
:ditto: Every 16th of the month my friend tells me "Happy Anniversary!" She remembers when I forget sometimes :p:
Then they think its weird when you dont remember! my friends were nagging me and my bf for weeks (in private of course) to find out what we were doing for our 1 year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads