rosie_morley123
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I know that this is probably a well known thread but I’m unsure what to get I have a laptop at the moment and it’s really heavy but it’s very quick but I’m getting either a laptop or an iPad for uni. I will be doing a business degree so I don’t know what would be better
Snoozinghamster
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rosie_morley123)
I know that this is probably a well known thread but I’m unsure what to get I have a laptop at the moment and it’s really heavy but it’s very quick but I’m getting either a laptop or an iPad for uni. I will be doing a business degree so I don’t know what would be better
What would the laptop/iPad be used for.
If it’s for note taking etc And you have a good laptop that’s just heavy so you don’t want to lug it around I’d say the iPad. Means you can leave the laptop in your room for if you need something more powerful (I mainly use my laptop for cad and engineering software etc, obviously will be different for a business degree) and then use an iPad for note taking.

If you alread have a good laptop is it worth getting another one
rosie_morley123
Rep:
I would be using it for note taking in lectures and I want something quite light
ArabLlama
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I have an iPad, I’m in sixth form so obviously it’s gonna be very different but I just find it so much easier to use. I got myself a keyboard case and honestly in between this and having used a laptop for the rest of my life I see no difference.
Bio 7
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Ipad with the pencil and keyboard and you're set. I had a laptop for 1st year and my ipad setup for second and the ipad was much better.
gina_ing
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
A MacBook
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I would be using it for note taking in lectures and I want something quite light
To be honest i'd reccomend getting a laptop over an ipad as its better all round. Plus the new generation laptops/netbooks are all exceptionally light with Lenovo and the like making some great models
fxlloutboyy
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I have a surface pro with keyboard very similar to ipad with keyboard - I would say if you go for the iPad get a larger 11 or 12.9 inch, making it a bit easier to pull up slides and notes at the same etc or test the normal 1 inch one to see if it's big enough
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
iPad and pencil seems to be the best way to do it, as mentioned above.

I have both a MacBook and iPad (with pencil) here at uni, the iPad is more than enough. In fact, I don't use my laptop for anything except TSR now.
rosie_morley123
Rep:
(Original post by gina_ing)
A MacBook
What mackbook would u suggest I need something light
Apad121
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fxlloutboyy)
I have a surface pro with keyboard very similar to ipad with keyboard - I would say if you go for the iPad get a larger 11 or 12.9 inch, making it a bit easier to pull up slides and notes at the same etc or test the normal 1 inch one to see if it's big enough
I would also recommend getting a Surface Pro with the pen and keyboard.

Best of both worlds: tablet for writing on and the kickstand allows you to write at any slant not just flat.
The keyboard is a really good keyboard whereas many of the ipad keyboards are a bit squishy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10%
Okay (26)
32.5%
A bit lacking (22)
27.5%
Not good at all (24)
30%

Watched Threads