Telling someone you like them... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey
Posting as anonymous due to the small possibility this person may be a member of this forum. I met a girl a few weeks ago. We got on very well, flirted alot, were very close.
The other day i was told she has a boyfriend. We've remained in close contact and i'm convinced i could make something of the relationship. They haven't been together too long. I know there's various man-rules about staying away from another guy's girl. But in this case i'm not actually planning on physically trying anything until it becomes bvious that she might want me to.
She's a quiet ish girl, not likely to cheat. She's very faithful but i appear to have caught her attention. We get on very well, and the signs are all there (according to my friends) that she likes me it's just she's not sure she knows me well enough yet to prefer me over her current guy.
I'm not keen on the idea of causing her to cheat - i've done this with other girls twice before but only when drunk. I'm a **** like that. But this one i really feel that i might be able to make something of it.
So it has been suggested i tell her the way i feel.
In experience, how would you girls on the forum like that to be said? And have any of you guys been in this situation?
What did you do if so?

Anon.
x
hnm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm not keen on the idea of causing her to cheat - i've done this with other girls twice before but only when drunk. I'm a **** like that.
I advise you stay the hell away from her and her boyfriend.
Anonymous #1
These happened a long time ago. I was very, very drunk and virtually asleep when it was happening. The girls knew more about it than i did and it wasn't exactly through choice of mine.

This is a completely different matter, this one.
Bangers+Mash
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think, maybe you should not bother, until she is single...?

Face it, you were beaten to her.
Dont be a **** she might end up hating you
Y'anami!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just tell her, she's probably curious.. but only if you mean it that you wont make her cheat :]
hnm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well get to know her as a friend, but I wouldn't flirt with her or anything like that because that's just wrong. Imagine you were her boyfriend though. How would you feel if you knew some guy was trying to get close to your girlfriend with the intention that she would leave you for him? If you tell her you like her, she might tell her boyfriend who will make sure you are never within 1 metre of her!
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
until she leaves her boyfriend, I don't think you should bother. I wouldn't be really happy if another guy told how he feels about me when I already had a boyfriend
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Say it plainly "I like you" but in a borat voice "I like you" :borat:

Some-one actually said that to my friend once- but I don't think he was trying to be Borat, he just couldn't speak English well.
Anonymous #1
Hmm i dunno i guess its a personal thing.
The hing is if i wait too long i might completely forget about it - i mean, there's no telling how long i might be waiting.
She means alot to me already and i don't wanna lose that but i've always seen myself as close to her, not just a friend. And i think that's the way she has seen me too.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey, you know that saying

Theres plenty more fish in the sea, i learnt that after my last GF
Anonymous #1
I guess i do, but i've been waiting a long while for something which i actually felt was special. And it just seems to have come along. she's my perfect girl and there's nothing i'd change about her (other than her BF )
MGS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Plain and simple thats just wrong you should not get in the way of them.

That would be unfair and would just you out for your own good.

Right you like her I get it, But would you rather see her happy or upset? Happy - she maybe very happy with her BF o thats how it should stay an dyou even thinking about hwo to get with her is unfair oh her an dher bf
Anonymous #1
Guess so. I appreciate the help guys. Good of ya.
x
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
she walked up to me and said kiss me lol ,

then i stayed away but then again at a party we kissed again , but next time i saw her i did nothing and the boy just kinda ignored it all
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Send her an anonymous letter with some roses. Then knock on her door and hide in a bush. Will turn her on I promise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.47%
No - but I will (61)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.44%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (383)
47.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed