would some incorrect information affect my application chance Watch

anonymous230
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi if i put in some wrong info despite trying my hardest to put in the right info would it affect my chance of getting into university? im trying to remember what exam board i did for spanish/geography gcse and this was about 5 years ago

is it a big deal if ive tried to remember the exam board but couldnt so i put what i believed to be the most correct?
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you not have the certificates or transcript to check?

An exam board should not make a difference, (so long as it is another one recognised by the Uni), but you should be trying to find out the correct board and then have UCAS update your record accordingly. You should also then email any Uni's you've applied to.
anonymous230
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
Do you not have the certificates or transcript to check?

An exam board should not make a difference, (so long as it is another one recognised by the Uni), but you should be trying to find out the correct board and then have UCAS update your record accordingly. You should also then email any Uni's you've applied to.
ah okay thanks, ive not applied yet, i will do some more searching i was just curious wat would happen
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anonymous230)
ah okay thanks, ive not applied yet, i will do some more searching i was just curious wat would happen
At the end of the UCAS app you will have to sign a declaration stating that the info you’ve provided is true and correct. Technically any offer you are made could be revoked if the matter was deemed very serious BUT a misdeclared exam board is unlikely to make a difference.

Why don’t you just ask your school what board it was?
anonymous230
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
At the end of the UCAS app you will have to sign a declaration stating that the info you’ve provided is true and correct. Technically any offer you are made could be revoked if the matter was deemed very serious BUT a misdeclared exam board is unlikely to make a difference.

Why don’t you just ask your school what board it was?
yeah i definitely will, thats included when i said "i will do some more searching"
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anonymous230)
yeah i definitely will, thats included when i said "i will do some more searching"
Some universities and employers will want to see your certificates so if you don’t know where they are it’s worthwhile starting the process to order replacements (it takes a month or too). But you need to know the exam board to do that!

If you don’t have any luck with your school then it’s worth asking old classmates if they know which exam board you all sat the exam for.
anonymous230
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Some universities and employers will want to see your certificates so if you don’t know where they are it’s worthwhile starting the process to order replacements (it takes a month or too). But you need to know the exam board to do that!

If you don’t have any luck with your school then it’s worth asking old classmates if they know which exam board you all sat the exam for.
oh yeh very true i could ask old classmates
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (162)
19.47%
Labour (423)
50.84%
Liberal Democrats (112)
13.46%
Green Party (46)
5.53%
Brexit Party (12)
1.44%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.68%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.72%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)