The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Do they last for a year after you buy it or does it run until a cut off point where you only get a year out of it if you buy right at the beginning?
callum9999
Do they last for a year after you buy it or does it run until a cut off point where you only get a year out of it if you buy right at the beginning?

a year from when u buy it
Reply 22
I don't think you can use railcards to get a discount of it's only for basic returns, sinlge advance etc. Not season/monthly tickets.

I know when I was commuting from Newcastle to Durham I couldn't use my disabled persons railcard to get a third off the monthly season ticket.
I don't mean to take over the thread or anything, but what is a railcard? Does it just give discounts? :s-smilie:
Reply 24
jellylegs08
I don't mean to take over the thread or anything, but what is a railcard? Does it just give discounts? :s-smilie:

A third off certain tickets and you're also eligible for various other offers/promotions

http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/
River85
A third off certain tickets and you're also eligible for various other offers/promotions

http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/

oh thanks. :smile:
Reply 26
Random question but still about train tickets.

I have bought in advance some train tickets to Weston Super Mare and have just selected a time which is on the ticket. Is the ticket still valid for any other time i.e an hour later or before??
Reply 27
Not unless it's an open ticket, which a printed time would suggest not. You can use a different train if you're getting a connection, and a delay causes you to miss it (a delay caused by the train companies and not you, that is!)
Reply 28
mosesff
I have purchased a 16-25 Young persons railcard.

Does anyone know where I can go to purchase a Rail travel card for one month to London, I have 'omitted' to doing this until now.

A website link will be fine.

Many Thanks.

You can only buy one for a set station to a set station (i.e. one route), not to various stations in London I THINK. They don't work like Oyster travel cards. You have to go to a station for your purchase.
I may be completely wrong of course! :biggrin:
Reply 29
You might be wrong, as I didn't understand what you just said.

It seems like a "hot head" I went to my local station and bought my ticket for the 'national express' without asking questions, now I am not in a very good position financially now, why didn't my 16-25 card come any earlier!!

Latest

Trending

Trending