The Student Room Group

Can I get a veterinary medicine degree after nursing?

I'm currently looking at university options and have always wanted to be able to work with animals. I'm looking at universities in Ireland currently and qualify for free fees. I wanted to take Veterinary medicine but my school does not offer a chemistry A Level (there is no way for me to do it online or at a differnet school either). I am doing A levels in Biology, environmental science and geography. Would I be able to take the veterinary nursing course and then after the 4 years take the veterinary medicine based off my last degree? or would I need to take 4 years of a science degree and then go to the vet?
Thanks 😊
that would cost around £20000 a year just fees
Original post by becky.specks
I'm currently looking at university options and have always wanted to be able to work with animals. I'm looking at universities in Ireland currently and qualify for free fees. I wanted to take Veterinary medicine but my school does not offer a chemistry A Level (there is no way for me to do it online or at a differnet school either). I am doing A levels in Biology, environmental science and geography. Would I be able to take the veterinary nursing course and then after the 4 years take the veterinary medicine based off my last degree? or would I need to take 4 years of a science degree and then go to the vet?
Thanks 😊

Doing vet med as a postgraduate is rarely the best route. I would consider taking chemistry A level in a gap year somehow, it should work out much easier and cheaper to do it this way. Alternatively look at courses with a preliminary year like the one at Nottingham which is specifically designed for students who only have one of biology or chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending