Mass install Watch

Carlo08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey, ive just formatted my computer (just the os drive) and reinstalled vista. All my programes are stored on a sepperate hard drive, is there a way i can sort of install them all so the new vista os recognises that they are there and shows them on the start menu.... sets the file types (associates winrar with .rar files)
Clubber Lang
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no, you will need all the original installation files to reinstall on a new vista installation

get the CDs ro downlaod from the websites
JayEm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are the installer files (usually self contained .exe files) on the other hard drive or are they the program files from the previous Windows installation? If its the latter, it won't work, you have to install the programs afresh.
Carlo08
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
its the actually files from the instalation , ie the program file directory. I can run the programs directly from that drive clicking on the .exe
vaanish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i always thought that it wouldnt work, because it dosent have the required registry entries if you just copy the program files dircetory over
JayEm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends on the program itself and its dependencies, some will work, some won't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise