The Student Room Group

GCSE aims👌🏻🤘🏻

Heya , I’m currently in year 10 (recently started)😄. I’d like to essentially share my GCSE grade aims (my OWN expectations/wanted grades)...

English language: 7/8
English literature: 6/7/8
Maths: 5/6/7
Combined science: 6/7
Other subjects...
Art: 6/7
Religious studies: 6/7/8
Media studies: 6/7/8
If any of you (who have already done their GCSEs and received good grades) give me any tips/advice that would benefit me ?
I’d really like to be successful & achieve my goals 😄
Original post by Nicky_15
Heya , I’m currently in year 10 (recently started)😄. I’d like to essentially share my GCSE grade aims (my OWN expectations/wanted grades)...

Other subjects...
If any of you (who have already done their GCSEs and received good grades) give me any tips/advice that would benefit me ?

Hello,

These are really good expectations considering you are in year 10!

I would suggest you have a look at the GCSE forum because there is so much on there for you :biggrin:
Original post by Nicky_15

Other subjects...

You gave a lot of possible grades for each subject. As you said they are your aims, so shouldn't they all be the highest you think you can get such as 8 in RE instead of a range that you want to get (6-7-8)?
english lit- practice essays, mindmaps for themes, flashcards for quotes... keep going over these so you got exam technique drilled into your head and you know the texts really well.
english lang- make notes on each question and just practice.
maths- tons of practice papers and topic papers will do you fine. corbettmaths, mathsgenie and physics and maths tutor are good.
did practice questions for re too and came out with a 9, just make sure you do plenty.

healthy work-life balance is also important. don't overwork yourself, take regular breaks and look after your mental health.
Reply 4
Thank you for the reply👌🏻😃
I’m concerned that if I set high expectations for myself , then I’d could be disappointed + I’m generally alright with the grades I chosen through the range .
To be honest, I would like to aim high but due to stress... hopefully it would be worth it👍🏻😁
Reply 5
Original post by entertainmyfaith
english lit- practice essays, mindmaps for themes, flashcards for quotes... keep going over these so you got exam technique drilled into your head and you know the texts really well.
english lang- make notes on each question and just practice.
maths- tons of practice papers and topic papers will do you fine. corbettmaths, mathsgenie and physics and maths tutor are good.
did practice questions for re too and came out with a 9, just make sure you do plenty.

healthy work-life balance is also important. don't overwork yourself, take regular breaks and look after your mental health.

Thanks 👍🏻
Yeah , it’s important to include a balance so I agree .

Quick Reply

Latest