adventuresofz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi all!

I'm applying for a junior role with the civil service but the application sections are rather confusing. One box asks for employment history and directly beneath that is another box for "previous skills and experience". The next page asks for a personal statement.

Not sure if I'm being thick here but how much detail am I expected to go into for the first two sections?

For the employment history section I have listed my previous jobs along with detailed bullet points explaining my roles, achievements and responsibilities. For the personal statement, I have written detailed examples of skills listed in the civil service success profiles and job description, along with motivation for applying. I feel that covers all the bases and am left wondering what on earth I should put into the previous skills and experience section without sounding like a broken record? Shall I just rewrite the things I've written in the PS?

Also new here so apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum!

Thanks so much for your help.
raganosio
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by adventuresofz)
Hi all!

I'm applying for a junior role with the civil service but the application sections are rather confusing. One box asks for employment history and directly beneath that is another box for "previous skills and experience". The next page asks for a personal statement.

Not sure if I'm being thick here but how much detail am I expected to go into for the first two sections?

For the employment history section I have listed my previous jobs along with detailed bullet points explaining my roles, achievements and responsibilities. For the personal statement, I have written detailed examples of skills listed in the civil service success profiles and job description, along with motivation for applying. I feel that covers all the bases and am left wondering what on earth I should put into the previous skills and experience section without sounding like a broken record? Shall I just rewrite the things I've written in the PS?

Also new here so apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum!

Thanks so much for your help.
Hi, I stumbled across something similar in one of my applications. I just used other examples or expanded those in the statement but I did not rewrite what I already wrote in the statement. Treat it as a chance to tell them more what you could not in the statement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (79)
18.2%
Labour (183)
42.17%
Liberal Democrats (87)
20.05%
Green Party (33)
7.6%
Brexit Party (15)
3.46%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.38%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.15%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)