Anyone studying Game Art at De Montfort Uni?

Watch
Egnud9
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm applying for De Montfort's Game Art course, but I've heard mixed reviews about the course. Anyone know what it's like studying there? I've been to their open day by the way.
aspalax
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im applying too! ive also been to their open day and it was really great ! i strated a thread for DMU game art applicants a while back, please check it out !!
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...8#post85745688
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Egnud9!

We're very happy that you are considering us!

I would also like to link in a thread of another person considering Game Art.You may find some of the information useful.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...t%20university

Good luck with the application and let me know if you have any questions.

- Niamh
Egnud9
Rep:
?
(Original post by De Montfort University)
Hi Egnud9!

I would also like to link in a thread of another person considering Game Art.You may find some of the information useful.

- Niamh
Thank you
Egnud9
Rep:
?
Hi Egnud9!

- Niamh
I forgot to ask this when I went to the open day, but does Game Art at De Montfort Uni involve some form of programming? I'm more interested in the overall art of games rather than the actual coding itself.
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Egnud9)
I forgot to ask this when I went to the open day, but does Game Art at De Montfort Uni involve some form of programming? I'm more interested in the overall art of games rather than the actual coding itself.
Hi!

From what I can see on our website, Game Art doesn't involve too much regarding programming and coding. We offer a Computer Games Programming degree covering that area of gaming specifically. In my opinion I believe Game Art is more about the design elements.

I hope this helps! If you would like to run this by our enquiries team who may know more, you can call them on: +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70.

- Niamh
Egnud9
Rep:
?
Hi!

From what I can see on our website, Game Art doesn't involve too much regarding programming and coding. We offer a Computer Games Programming degree covering that area of gaming specifically. In my opinion I believe Game Art is more about the design elements.

I hope this helps! If you would like to run this by our enquiries team who may know more, you can call them on: +44 (0)116 2 50 60 70.

- Niamh
Ahhh ok thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads