Ovulation pains Watch

anna_spanner89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
does anyone else get them? I think i have one at the moment.

what do they feel like, how long do they last???

I've gota sort of sharp located pain on the left side of my abdomen, sort of throbbing
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I get the same pains as you from time to time. I thought that's what they were.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
i always thought it was a twinge till i realise it was located roughly where an ovary would be, and its a central pain aswell..
strawberry
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just think it's a little creepy that my body tells me which ovary is releasing the egg. Sheesh.
I thought you just don't know these things.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mine goes from a twinge in that area to throbbing like you said once in a while.
kath_nav
Report 10 years ago
Yeah I get them too. Usually on my left side and it usually lasts about a day.
Take some painkillers and snuggle up with a hot water bottle or something
suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's really common - there's some name for them, named after something German meaning "middle" IIRC

I get them, on the rare occasions I ovulate :p: It's sort of like a mini period cramp for me.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
(Original post by suek)
It's really common - there's some name for them, named after something German meaning "middle" IIRC

I get them, on the rare occasions I ovulate :p: It's sort of like a mini period cramp for me.

I guess ive had them before but never noticed lol

we women just cannot escape from it can we!!!!!

I have endometriosis so a 'mini period' cramp would be hell for me without my medication and painkillers lol
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
And heres me thinking I was the only woman having ovulation pain. I dont have periods because of a rod in my arm which is meant to stop me ovulating but there are months where I feel as though I am still doing it :confused: . I sometimes take a paracetamol especially if the pain is on the right side of my body as that seems to hurt a lot more than the left side.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
why does it hurt?
WarmSound
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mittelschmerz! I remember that name from a sex ed lesson years ago. Wikipdia has some possible causes.
suek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're not meant to be ovulating and you suspect you could be (just coz you get pain, doesn't necessarily mean you are, you know what our womenly systems are like... ), check your erm.. mucus. It changes :p:
Annie72
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
why does it hurt?
Dont quote me on it but I have always thought it hurts because of the action of the fallopian tube as the egg moves down towards the uterus, ie I think the fallopian tube contracts in order for the egg to move. I could be wrong though. :confused:
Annie72
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by suek)
If you're not meant to be ovulating and you suspect you could be (just coz you get pain, doesn't necessarily mean you are, you know what our womenly systems are like... ), check your erm.. mucus. It changes :p:
Yes I have noticed
Dreamy_whisper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I get it too, it can often be agonising for me and worse than my actual period. I haven't had it for my last 2 though :confused:
Annie72
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I"ve just been on wiki and it seems I was right about the movement of the fallopian tube causing the pain, actually its one of a few causes. Although I do realise that wiki isnt always right as my A level biology teacher used to tell us frequently.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
(Original post by suek)

How do you check your mucus?? and erm..what does it change too?
suek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
How do you check your mucus?? and erm..what does it change too?
Well.. you know the stuff that comes out of you lol And mine changes to become very translucent and very stretchy... not that I make a habit of examining it or anything, it's just I took a break from my pill for the first time in six years, and then this happened and I was like.. wtf is that!?! so I googled it.. and matched it up with my little cramps I was getting
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
(Original post by suek)
Well.. you know the stuff that comes out of you lol And mine changes to become very translucent and very stretchy... not that I make a habit of examining it or anything, it's just I took a break from my pill for the first time in six years, and then this happened and I was like.. wtf is that!?! so I googled it.. and matched it up with my little cramps I was getting

I dont notice a change but i have noticed i get a bit more discharge in my knickers lol

AND..man do i get horny, like it was ok when i wasn't single, but when you are..lol i spent the whole of my last shift oggling mens bums..lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.81%
No - but I will (111)
7.84%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise