Sudden site block Watch

member9876
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I am with talk talk and a website I was visiting has suddenly been blocked. It was working 20 minutes back but now I get this message:

Reported Attack Site

This web site at torrentsgalaxy.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

any way to get around it?
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Presumably you're using Firefox, from that text. Is there not anything that says "Ignore this warning" in the bottom right hand corner of the big red box? I wouldn't really recommend it though, these warnings are there for a reason.
member9876
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
It honestly is a fine site, I have been using it for ages. Yes I clicked that and it took me to the log in page, however as soon as I enter my log in details, I get the same message.
secretmessages
Report 10 years ago
Tools > Options > Security > uncheck "Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected attack site" but be careful when browsing :rolleyes: I suggest you turn it back on when you're finished.
chernij
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got that message too using firefox when I just went to the address. But there is an "ignore this warning" link at the bottom-right corner of the box, like secretmessages said
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (227)
39.21%
No - but I will (40)
6.91%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.8%

Watched Threads