am i right in finding this annoying or am i being a *****? Watch

atoms4peace
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ok so i really liked this guy and he liked me and we went on a couple of dates and that but the thing is he's best friends with my ex (we broke up last year and went out for about 6 months but he's never been alright with me since we split up) so he told me last week that nothing could ever happen because sam (ex) wasn't cool with it and never would be. So i was like alright then. I was a bit pissed off at first but then i got over it.

but the thing is he still keeps talking to me on msn/facebook. Ive had to block him on msn b/c its like everytime i sign on he pops up and when i dont reply he keeps going oioioi or sending nudges. I really dont see the point of making small talk with him anymore. Am i wrong in thinking this?
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well maybe he still wants to be friends?

If you don't want this then I think you should straightforwardly tell him not to contact you again.
generalebriety
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really don't see the point in answering your thread - conversation is such a cliché these days, don't you think?

Maybe he just wants to be friends. Bloody hell. If you don't, then tell him that, don't block him and ignore him, that does make you a *****. Even if you never speak to him again, at least first tell him where he stands. He had the decency to tell you.
theredwindmill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i agree with random girl, he may be just trying to be your friend. But if you don't want anything to do with him, it would be easier to tell him rather than relying on him taking the hint by you not speaking to him
Mcjazz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I understand your reasoning behind that but he seems like a nice guy if he'd make a sacrifice on his own happiness for his friend. I think you should give him a chance at being friends.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Read your thread again and think how you would advise the OP in that situation
atoms4peace
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I dont not want to be friends, its just i'm not a fan of internet small talk anyway. I generally can't be bothered but with him the conversations have turned particularly sterile. I've no problem talking to him/ being friends with him when we go out (we hang out with the same group of friends) or send the occassional myspace comment but why do we need to tallk everytime we're online?
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He probably just wants to be friends, so ignoring him is a bit off really.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by atoms4peace)
I dont not want to be friends, its just i'm not a fan of internet small talk anyway.
Is that not the point of internet forums... so why are you here?
theredwindmill
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by PoisonDonna)
He probably just wants to be friends, so ignoring him is a bit off really.
This is kind of irrelivant to the thread but yay for Heikki
Titch89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Does he know you don't want to be friends? If not, tell him that.
princess_sue
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just ignore him on the net, mute your comp so you dont get his nudges. Just tell him you are busy or something....but to be honest the whole point of MSN is to chat to people about **** which is probably why most people go on there - nothing better to do.
If your bothered about talking to him on the internet delete him and just leave it to your circle of friends & by myspace.
generalebriety
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I generally can't be bothered but with him the conversations have turned particularly sterile.
And the fact that you obviously show no interest in talking to him and got to the point of blocking him has nothing to do with this? Chances are that you weren't much interesting conversation yourself before you blocked him.

why do we need to tallk everytime we're online?
Again, why do I need to be answering your thread? People don't talk because they need to, they talk because they want to. If you don't want to, tell him. If you do want to, stop being a ***** and talk to him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (329)
37.3%
No - but I will (71)
8.05%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.14%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (419)
47.51%

Watched Threads