?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Is it possible, say a couple of grand?

It's for setting up a business.

Thanks
Norfolkadam
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
I don't know about where you live but here there is an organisation (EnterpriseGY) who help people set up new businesses. They will help you with money and getting a foot on the ladder. The Princes Trust is one I believe, not sure though.

http://www.enterprisegy.co.uk/ < this kind of thing.
m8nmina0h4
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Can't go to the Princes Trust as I'm only 16
TheOneWho
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be honest, I think you're going to be hard pushed to find anywhere willing to loan money to someone under 18. You can't even get a phone contract if you aren't 18. For a business you would have to have business plans made up and be able to tell the bank/organisation how and when you are going to pay them back.
Clubber Lang
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i doubt you will get a commercial loan

look for a grant

or get your parents to get one
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can't have a loan under the age of 18 as you are not old enough to have credit. Sorry.
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No I doubt you will get a loan because there is no reason as to why an under 18 year old would need a large sum of money.

Try another way to get some money, like from your parents.
Clubber Lang
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by princess_sue)
No I doubt you will get a loan because there is no reason as to why an under 18 year old would need a large sum of money.

aside from starting a business?

you can sign a credit agreement under 18 but it is not enforceable, so effectivley useless.
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Clubber Lang)
aside from starting a business?

you can sign a credit agreement under 18 but it is not enforceable, so effectivley useless.
I honestly do not think any bank would give a 17 year old a chunk of money to go and start a business. They even scrutinise people of an acceptable age for credit when it comes to business due to the failure rate. So a bank loan is probably not the best option
kirstygrover
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hi, i need a loan as im currently in college and have a course in may i need to pay for and need to pay for my kit is there any chance of a loan for up to £600?:confused:
Zap Brannigan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by princess_sue)

At 17, you are old enough to have a full time job, be married and drive a car. I am sure that more young people need money than anyone else. This is irrelevant, because banks to not lend based on need.
Angela Ayesu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by m8nmina0h4)
Can't go to the Princes Trust as I'm only 16
i need a loan now and pay when am 18 and start working
kumori
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Angela Ayesu)
i need a loan now and pay when am 18 and start working
If only loans worked like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Iron Lady
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wonger.

Ask family for a loan
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No company is legally allowed to loan you money till youre 18 as far as i believe and unless you have something to back up your loan with collatoral i doubt any friend will help you, best betis to get family to either loan it to you or use them as a proxy [although im not sure if thats legal so check it out] failing that i'll lend you money, only 35% flat fee
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cl_steele)
No company is legally allowed to loan you money till youre 18 as far as i believe and unless you have something to back up your loan with collatoral i doubt any friend will help you, best betis to get family to either loan it to you or use them as a proxy [although im not sure if thats legal so check it out] failing that i'll lend you money, only 35% flat fee
check the date of the op before posting
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (386)
37.22%
No - but I will (80)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (499)
48.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed