second year transfer Watch

david9997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
is it likely that universities would like to take on a student who has 84% first year marks for a second year transfer??
Kitty Pimms
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by david9997)
is it likely that universities would like to take on a student who has 84% first year marks for a second year transfer??
Tentatively, yes. But it is entirely dependent upon the individual university and their policies, and you need to get your skates on.

What specifically are you looking to do?
david9997
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i want to change from newcastle uni to UCL. I am studying economics and have scored 84% in my first year exams>

I want to carry on studying economics>
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Direct contact with both Uni's would be your best bet as (the person above said) the situations are based on independent and individual circumstances.

However you do seem like a good candidate that they would like to take on! Good Luck
Kitty Pimms
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by david9997)
i want to change from newcastle uni to UCL. I am studying economics and have scored 84% in my first year exams>

I want to carry on studying economics>
Then you need to call UCL's economics department first thing monday morning, if you haven't already. It is entirely up to them as to whether they want to accept you, and they will then need you to fill in a UCAS application most likely. Unfortunately you've missed the 30th June deadline for pre-clearing consideration which might complicate thing somewhat. Essentially, though, it's in UCL's lap.

The relevant page is here: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-stu...nced-standing/
mac101
Report 8 years ago
hi just wondering were u able to transfer?? cuz im interested in doing that too
fruitlooped
Report 8 years ago
i'm attempting to transfer into the 2nd year of a different uni at the moment. it's been a nightmare, since my course is so specific in both subject & structure. the best i've been offered is entry into second year 2011...
fruitlooped
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mac101)
hi just wondering were u able to transfer?? cuz im interested in doing that too
definitely possible & certainly feasible, but the earlier the better (i.e. before june)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (459)
38.06%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.35%

Watched Threads