Tmonisha123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Guys,

For anyone who is doing A Levels, on either Maths (Edexcel), Computer Science (AQA) and/or Chemistry (OCR), could anyone reccomend me any resources or books that will help to push my grades higher? Currently, I have the following textbooks:

1. AQA AS and A Level Computer Science (By P.M Heathcote)
2. A Level Chemistry for OCR A Year 1 and AS Student Book
3. Edexcel AS and A level Mathematics Pure Mathematics Year 1/AS Textbook + e-book (A level Maths and Further Maths 2017)
4. Edexcel AS and A level Mathematics Statistics & Mechanics Year 1/AS Textbook + e-book
5. Edexcel A Level Maths: Year 1 and 2 Combined Student Book

If anyone could recommend my any other textbooks/workbooks or online resources, that would be really helpful! Thank you so much!
agentundercover
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
www.physicsandmathstutor.com is a really good online resource. It's got A Level past papers for everything you're taking and revision resources to help you too.

If you're doing Computer Science and you're really interested in coding and wanting a challenge, try projecteuler.net. It's got some really great challenges that you can try solving in any language you're comfortable with using. It'll also really improve your confidence with coding. If you need a recap on coding though, I recommend Codecademy. I just started using it to learn the basics of Python and I've learned so much in the past week of using it.

For Chemistry, I recommend something off the Cambridge recommended reading list: "Why Chemical Reactions Happen" by James Keeler. It's great for any aspiring chemist and would be a good book to say you've read when it comes to writing your personal statement for university. (Not necessarily good for grade boosting but worth a read if you have time.)

Hope you find this somewhat useful!
Good luck with your studies!
AGrizzlyBearo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.chemguide.co.uk/
- good online resource for Chemistry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.79%
Uncertainty around my education (85)
11.44%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.63%
Lack of purpose or motivation (95)
12.79%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.25%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.65%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.77%
Financial worries (50)
6.73%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.31%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.23%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.56%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.67%

Watched Threads