The Student Room Group

how to get better

hi im here asking about how i can do better in english literature, like how should i revise and practise. I feel im falling behind and really need good predicted grades, im yr 12.
hi! i’m only in year10 myself so my advice may be completely useless to you, if so i apologise.

i think in order to do well, revision & revisiting key subject areas & points is vital but you have to do this in a way that suits you. your revision has to be exciting enough for you to be engaged in it or else you won’t get anything out of doing the extra work. so, i think, to do well, you firstly have to experiment with different ways of revising, like flashcards or textbooks etc. you said you’re in year12, how did you revise for GCSE? maybe that’s the right type of studying for you.

as for practicing, i’d say the key is not too often because that can lead to stressing but not too little either because that also can lead to unnecessary stressing. ideally, you would want to revise & practice in a consistent pattern but having a set routine may make revising less fun & more like a chore. so i’d recommend doing this as frequently as you can, once a day maximum, once a week minimum.

hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by www.ella
hi! i’m only in year10 myself so my advice may be completely useless to you, if so i apologise.

i think in order to do well, revision & revisiting key subject areas & points is vital but you have to do this in a way that suits you. your revision has to be exciting enough for you to be engaged in it or else you won’t get anything out of doing the extra work. so, i think, to do well, you firstly have to experiment with different ways of revising, like flashcards or textbooks etc. you said you’re in year12, how did you revise for GCSE? maybe that’s the right type of studying for you.

as for practicing, i’d say the key is not too often because that can lead to stressing but not too little either because that also can lead to unnecessary stressing. ideally, you would want to revise & practice in a consistent pattern but having a set routine may make revising less fun & more like a chore. so i’d recommend doing this as frequently as you can, once a day maximum, once a week minimum.

hope this helps! :smile:

for gcse i slacked and just watched videos like mr bruff, i got a 7 in the real gcses but i knew i could have done way better as i enjoyed eng lit, so i chose it for a level. I cant seem to find as useful vids as i did with gcse, this is where i am struggling. I dont know other ways to revise english.
Reply 3
Where do you struggle? At GCSE, did you have a weakness? I'd recommend ameliorating that first.

Now, what feedback has your teacher provided? You haven't given us much to work with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending