When to book lessons Watch

madhattertom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I turn 17 on August 17th and will want to start having lessons straight away I was wondering when do you think I should book the lessons. Thanks
generalebriety
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by madhattertom)
I turn 17 on August 17th and will want to start having lessons straight away I was wondering when do you think I should book the lessons. Thanks
A week in advance?
princess_sue
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
as soon as you want really. Driving instructors have diaries - surprisingly!
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Phone up as soon as you can! My mum is a driving instructor and she is so so so busy at the moment! (although she speaks to a lot of other of other instructors, and apparently this isn't the norm for this time of the year, but whatever.) Honestly, if you phone up a week before, there really is no guarantee that you will get lessons when you want.

Phone up in a couple of weeks max. Don't leave it much longer than that (remember you dont have to pay when you book) because then you will have a free diary (the instructors diary) to choose from, and you can choose a time which is most convienent for you.

Loads of people phone my mum up to 10 weeks before they are 17 to book lessons.. an instructor wont be surprised if you phoned up today

Oh and btw, im only telling you this now (i know everyone will say its unecessary to phone now-ish) because so many of my friends complain that they cant get lessons when they want, because they have left it too late!

Good luck with your lessons anyway!
The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becky.fm)
Phone up as soon as you can! My mum is a driving instructor and she is so so so busy at the moment! (although she speaks to a lot of other of other instructors, and apparently this isn't the norm for this time of the year, but whatever.) Honestly, if you phone up a week before, there really is no guarantee that you will get lessons when you want.

Phone up in a couple of weeks max. Don't leave it much longer than that (remember you dont have to pay when you book) because then you will have a free diary (the instructors diary) to choose from, and you can choose a time which is most convienent for you.

Loads of people phone my mum up to 10 weeks before they are 17 to book lessons.. an instructor wont be surprised if you phoned up today

Oh and btw, im only telling you this now (i know everyone will say its unecessary to phone now-ish) because so many of my friends complain that they cant get lessons when they want, because they have left it too late!

Good luck with your lessons anyway!
:eek:

I was going to ring a few days in advance! I think I'm going to ring tomorrow now. I turn 17 in less than a week, and want my first lesson on the 10th. Hopefuly I'll be able to get a lesson then.
madhattertom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks for the advice, I will try and book soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise