The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
huangcjz
Just to play devil's advocate and offer a different opinion, perhaps he's worried that you're too thin, perhaps unhealthily so? That may not be true, but that might be what he thinks, so he may think that he's doing it for your good. But definitely talk to him about it, he shouldn't be doing things behind your back sneakily if he hasn't discussed his concerns with you.

He'd have to be used to fat people or have some strange idea of a healthy weight to think the OP is under-weight.
Reply 41
Anonymous
PLEASE Keep anon he uses Tsr and reads my threads

This is going to sound odd!....But i think my boyfriend is trying to make me fat. I'm a size 10 - 12 at the moment which I'm happy with :smile:.

He is the jealous / controlling / possessive type and goes crazy if another guy so much as looks at me. Maybe he's trying to put other guys off me?

He's tried to cancel my Gym membership so I wasn't allowed in (as it's not a yearly one - he took my card!), put regular coke in my big 2ltr bottle of Diet Coke, constantly gives me chocolate and goes on and on at me to eat it when I'm at his. Says I'm "too skinny". At Starbucks I've asked for low fat fraps - I overhear him telling them to get me regular. I don't know it's kind of strange. I might just be making too big a deal of it, at least he's not telling me not to eat

Maybe he wants to be the more attractive one in the relationship?
Reply 42
Don't put up with it if it carries on for much longer. With regard to him buying you regular fraps at Starbucks instead of low fat, just stay there while he orders them to make sure and then have a go at him for ignoring you if he does get you regular.
Reply 43
Ditch him. I assure you, theres plenty of us guys who like you thin :wink:
Anonymous
No he isn't, I've just explained. Plus all his ex's weren't obese. He could easily have a very large girlfriend is that's his type.

Ye I just noticed and re-edited - sorry
Reply 45
Rozzo89
Maybe he wants to be the more attractive one in the relationship?

Well he probably is but that's a good point.
Reply 47
He could be a chubby chaser, but if you say he is jealous/controlling/obsessive then he is probably trying to make you fat so that you couldn't cheat on him or so you wouldn't dump him.
Reply 48
Anonymous
PLEASE Keep anon he uses Tsr and reads my threads

This is going to sound odd!....But i think my boyfriend is trying to make me fat. I'm a size 10 - 12 at the moment which I'm happy with :smile:.

He is the jealous / controlling / possessive type and goes crazy if another guy so much as looks at me. Maybe he's trying to put other guys off me?

He's tried to cancel my Gym membership so I wasn't allowed in (as it's not a yearly one - he took my card!), put regular coke in my big 2ltr bottle of Diet Coke, constantly gives me chocolate and goes on and on at me to eat it when I'm at his. Says I'm "too skinny". At Starbucks I've asked for low fat fraps - I overhear him telling them to get me regular. I don't know it's kind of strange. I might just be making too big a deal of it, at least he's not telling me not to eat

Wow. You must have incredibly low self-esteem.
Reply 49
Wow you should totally stay in the relationship. He sounds like a great boyfriend.
Reply 50
hum, thats odd....
****, just ask for a steak with potatoes and fine red wine then!..yum!
Reply 51
hahaha this is a funny thread i think your paranoid
OR what you can do it order the REAL expensive stuff...
Reply 53
OP says he has not seemed to want larger women in the past, which means it may not necessarily be a sexual thing.

OP: you need to ask him WHY he feels this way, what is controlling his behaviour i.e. insecurity about your/his attractiveness; would genuinely like you to be larger; genuinely feels that you are too thin.

What worries me is that he is displaying awful behaviour by trying to sneak calories into your diet. That is NOT ALLOWED and you should tell him so. He can voice his opinion but controlling and lying is not kosher. If he is willing to lie to you about that, it may escalate, so nip it in the bud.
Get away from this crazy person!

I have some experience of this, but the opposite, my (now ex) bf banned me (well, attempted to ban me) from macdonalds and drinking coke. He was very vigilant. It was cos he wanted me to have a healthy diet though, so his heart was in the right place, even though it was incredibly irritating.

Seriously though, he's CONTROLLING YOU. Tell him to **** off.
Reply 55
Original post by &#949
Get away from this crazy person!

I have some experience of this, but the opposite, my (now ex) bf banned me (well, attempted to ban me) from macdonalds and drinking coke. He was very vigilant. It was cos he wanted me to have a healthy diet though, so his heart was in the right place, even though it was incredibly irritating.

Seriously though, he's CONTROLLING YOU. Tell him to **** off.

wow actually banned you :confused: Thats freaky although weirdly sweet
Yasmin2K8
wow actually banned you :confused: Thats freaky although weirdly sweet

I ignored it :redface: , but yeah he just wanted me to be healthy inside.
Reply 57
Original post by &#949
I ignored it :redface: , but yeah he just wanted me to be healthy inside.

Doesnt take much persuasion to stop eating at Macdonald's now that I think about it, its just ewww
Yasmin2K8
Doesnt take much persuasion to stop eating at Macdonald's now that I think about it, its just ewww

McChicken Premiere :coma:
Confront your boyfriend about this. He may be your boyfriend but he has no right to control you or your body. If you're fine with the way your body is, he should too.

Latest

Trending

Trending