h3artie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Sam Rawlings
Report 10 years ago
Well, lets put it this way, your not going to Oxbridge with those results. But depending on what you want to study depends on where you get in. For example courses like medicine, psychology and law are very competitive and you would be lucky to get on the course anywhere with BBB but if you wanted to study something like creative writing or sociology, you could get in one of the 'lower end' unis with like DDE. What do you want to study at Uni and then ill be able to help. Like you, im awaiting my results and was hoping for AAAB but i feel that i'd be lucky to get AABB - most people are pessimistic about their results.
.ACS.
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, your ACC is equivalent to 280 UCAS tariff points....

I've just looked at the websites of Kent, Oxford Brookes, Plymouth, and Portsmouth, and unfortunately you would have difficulty getting into any of those.

You may want to look on UCAS Extra for universities which offer Psychology and see what their requirements would be.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nottingham Trent requires 280points...
Sam Rawlings
Report 10 years ago
Psychology is extremely competitive. I want to study it at Uni and despite being predicted AAAB, apparently i will have trouble in getting on a psychology course at a top 20 Uni
Me Myself I
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not really midlands/south England, but Aberdeen (or for that matter, Glasgow, I think) would let you in with those grades. It's a 4 year course, but if you're wanting to go to an old uni, then it might be worth a thought.
Sam Rawlings
Report 10 years ago
You got to be joking! Glasgow require ABB minimum so in order to get a 'safe' offer, you really need to aim for AAB/AAA
yeahyeahyeahs
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
depends on what uni and course.

Last year i got into sheffield, leeds and warwick with no problem with just ACC. This is for engineering and landscape though.

If I had applied for english, i would have no chance in hell to get into those unis.
Me Myself I
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sam Rawlings)
You got to be joking! Glasgow require ABB minimum so in order to get a 'safe' offer, you really need to aim for AAB/AAA
Fair enough. When I applied to do Psychology two years ago, I had an offer of CCC from Glasgow and Aberdeen, but I appreciate stuff might have changed since then.
Sam Rawlings
Report 10 years ago
Wow you were extremely lucky to get into Glasgow with CCC. Even places such as Surrey (curently 39th best Uni with UK according to 'The Times') require (you) to have ABB! - funny how the grade boundaries go up so much within two years. However more and more people are getting the 3 A's these days that it's hard for Unis to distinguish the best from the 'best'; the new A* grade coming in next is just what the A-level system needs! I personally want to study Psychology or Medicine- both extremely competitive courses so i need to pray for the AAAB/A in the summer in order to have a chance of getting into St. Andrews or UCL.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads